1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid file lighting is darker than DVD.

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by skar0913, May 26, 2004.

1. skar0913

skar0913 Guest

Hi all,
    I just recently created a xvid file and noticed that the over all light was darker than the original DVD. I was using Virtualdub and using Xvid (XviD-1.0-RC3-29022004). Any ideas to fix this, or is this normal.

Thx

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

First of all download the new xvid 1.0, uninstall the rc3 and install the 1.0. I believe that XVID's generally come out darker (not sure of the specifics). Now as far as lighting and contrast, get another media player. Zoom player standard is free and allows you to change the brightness of a movie. Check it out at www.inmatrix.com.

3. skar0913

skar0913 Guest

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I also have noticed this tends to happen; sometimes the film transfer is very 'dark' besides.
    DVD2AVI lets you adjust the gamma - goose it up ten points, or you can manually edit *.d2v file with
    "Luminance_Filter=10,0 (Gamma, Offset)"
    This is in GordianKnot of course. Don't rip with VDub skar, you need a frame-server setup for guaranteed perfect results (advanced error-correction capabilities etc.) everytime.
    Regards