1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID files in PowerDVD 6

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by justinluc, Jan 20, 2005.

1. justinluc

justinluc Member

Hi,
    I am having a problem playing XVID files in PowerDVD 6. Whenever I try to load an XVID file in PowerDVD, a new window with a black screen opens for a brief moment and then promptly closes without any error message. These same XVID files play fine in Windows Media Player 10. I have the xvid codec (1.03) installed along with the AC3 filter 1.01a. I also have VobSub installed and this loads along with the window when I try to play a subtitled XVID in PowerDVD. XVID movies without subtitles also do not play. Regular DVDs play perfectly fine, however. PowerDVD is advertised to play XVID files. Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks so much!

Justin

2. justinluc

justinluc Member

Maybe I am wrong that PowerDVD can play XVID files...?
    This page on videohelp.com says it can:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=160

"PowerDVD is the latest evolution of the world acclaimed DVD software player that offers maximum video and audio playback entertainment on the PC. Supports DVD, DVD-VR, DVD+VR, MPEG2, MPEG1, SVCD, VCD and AVI/DivX/XviD video."

3. justinluc

justinluc Member

Bump. I can't play MP3s with it either. It just says "Play" and then "Stop" immediately afterwared. MP3s play perfectly fine in Windows Media Player 10 though.