1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid mayhem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by soundy, Mar 5, 2004.

1. soundy

soundy Member

Okay, I'm having alot of troubles with this codec. I have a really good quality Xvid I'm trying to play but I'm getting nosound in mplayer2, it crashes windows media player 8 and winamp 5.x. I may have the nimo pack and I know that will cause problems but I can't find anywhere to uninstall it. I've downloaded the AAC codec and installed it from multiple websites in the hope that it might get me the sound I want. I'm also sure I can play ogg files, so that isn't the problem. Any idea what I can do to clear this rat mess of codecs? FAQ's and searching on forums just isn't working for me, believe me I tried.

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

You probably need an ac-3 codec.

3. soundy

soundy Member

Okay, the sound started working all of the sudden and when I play a movie the sound is really quiet. Editing the AC3 properties, seems to do nothing to the sound or how loud it is. Any idea? This is in winamp.

mplayer 2 gives me a unable to download appropriate decompressor error and windows media player 8 crashes.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Assuming you are using Windows XP, right clikc "My Computer", select the "Hardware" tab and click "Device Manager". Scroll down to "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" and open the sub level. You'll find both sound and video codecs for which you need to double click and select "Properties".

A word of warning. Use at your own risk. You may end up doing more harm than good by removing codecs over-zealously.

EDIT: You changed your post, so disregard the above. If adjusting the AC3 properties don't help there's not much you can do aside from using an audio editor to increase the volume. Try messing with the properties again. Maybe you overlooked something.

5. soundy

soundy Member

[​IMG]

What the hell, it says it works fine but then it says it doesn't. I got winamp to play at a decent sound level. Changing the properties in the ac3 filter doesn't do anything. Windows media player still has no sound.

6. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

ac-3/acm decompressor

this may help you

7. soundy

soundy Member

no dice.

8. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

alright well try ac3 filter, this program is especially for the playback of ac-3 audio
    (google search)

and also nimo codec pack is fucked you've probably got so many codec conflicts your comp cant cope

id uninstall that flith for a start

just download and use the codecs that you need

EDIT:. lol 4 uninstalling nimo have yo tried looking in add/remove programs in control panel, all codec packs have a uninstall feature, although they are just as deadly for your comp its not like their spyware/adware ect ect..,. or simply goto to the folder u installed it to there has to be something, bottomline if you cant uninstall it you'll be gettin conflicts,nimo is renowned 4 it
    simply adding more codecs to the pile will just add to your problems and make them a hell of a lot worse, so dont install anymore codecs till you get rid of nimo

good luck

EDIT:. lmao i just realized from your screenshot, you've got 6 xvid codecs, haha you do realize you only need 1
    fusk those nimo cunts are nuff nuffs and no offence but any1 who downloads and installs nimo is too =p
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Young man......Young man......You Just Got Knocked the Fucked Out[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2004