1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid movies won't play in any player despite codecs

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by dcamp6200, Jun 27, 2003.

1. dcamp6200

dcamp6200 Member

Newbie alert ! I have several xvid movies that will not play in any player i've tried , and i've tried several . I have the latest codecs installed , including the one from afterdawn . I have also tried using Gspot and it tells me that i have everything i need and that the file is complete . Now , i do have several other xvid movies that play fine but i have 3 in particular that i just can't get to work . Everytime i try to load them in a player , the player shuts down and i get the "do you want to send the error to Microsoft" message . Has anyone come across something similar ?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Did you install the nimo codec pack or any codec pack?? It is likely that you have a codec conflict of some sort!

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

fddshow filters perhaps?

4. Dela

ffdshow would be a nice install yes, i think of it as more of a standard really!

5. dcamp6200

dcamp6200 Member

Thanks you guys . I got the problem fixed . You may have been right about the codec conflict . I uninstalled my previously installed codecs and installed the Ace Mega Pack and that cleared up the problem . I would be interested in hearing more about fddshow though .

6. Dela

you should get ffdshow, man it rules!! Anyways glad you got it cleared, good luck!