1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid? movies?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ihere, Aug 19, 2006.

1. ihere

ihere Guest

aum..i got this dvd rip movie from the net..sicne icant buy it anywhere..well neway..i dont know what to do after i got the file..i tried to extract then open with lvc....taht dont work...try using...powerdvd..that doesnt work nither...so can anyone help? thx

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

We'll need a bit more info. Are there multiple files? Did you wish to make a DVD? Did you get the file extracted? If not, you probably need WinRar. Install it and rightclick the first file and choose extract here or extract to ------. That will extract the file giving you either a folder with the video in it or the video itself. Then, you will be able to view it on your pc (if you have the proper codecs installed). Opening the file in GSpot will tell you if you do or which ones you need. A good codec pack like Kazaa Lite (Full) will give you every codec you will need and already contains GSpot. You will be given the option of installing what you want during the install. If you do install it, make sure to uninstall any other codecs first as they can conflict.You can get it here: http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm If you wish to burn it to DVD, let us know. There are various methods of burning including Nero, if you have that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  3. ihere

ihere Guest

sorry..i 4 got aobut those info...neway..yes its muti files..some are win rar while some are not...i tried to extract them...but when i tri to watch it it wont work....aum...i use vlc..and yet that doesnt help..so i dont know..

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Get ahold of GSpot and open the extracted file in it. That will show if it's a codec issue. I don't much about VLC except that it plays many formats that other players won't.

5. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

VLC will not play zip/rar files. VLC does not rely on any codecs though so it can play 99% of media.

What extensions are the files you have extracted?

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

what the other members said was true make sure that you have a mega pack of codec instaled on your system, also if it is a dvd rip you should be able to find the movie on the net, or is it you just don't to buy the movie? also maby the file is no good? what is the name of the movie? also media player clasic will play most any format

7. azman88

azman88 Member