1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid/mp3 Avi to DVD Lip Sync Errors: Please Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Lawnor, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Lawnor

Lawnor Member

I've done a quick search of these forums but was unable to find any obvious answer to this question so if its already been asked and answered, please just point me to the thread.

I'm converting a series of files to DVD. They are all Xvid visuals and mp3 audio (VBR on at least some, presumably all). I use nerovision express 3 to convert them. The first in the series went out of sync at the end. I fixed this by stripping out the sound with Virtual Dub, converting it to wav with musicmatch and then re-inserting it into the xvid. It worked fine. episode 2 worked fine. Episode 4 works fine. Episode 3 is out of sync at the end. I have removed the sound with VDub but MM is refusing to load the file. I have another audio editing program called goldwave. That loads the sound file as empty. Winamp plays it fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get the files to convert to DVD well without interference, or any ideas what I can do to the soundfile to get it to be a wav, or at least to behave? I have tried DivXToDVD and the sync errors were still there.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

3. Lawnor

Lawnor Member

fix 1) attempts to convert, then stops saying "ACM reported error on audio decompress (b)"

fix 2) doesn't apply

fix 3) doesn't apply. I have a growing sync error, not a constant sync error.

What I'm thinking at the moment is to set the movie playing and then use a sound recorder to record every noise my PC makes. It should work (assuming my PC doesnt start beeping for no good reason!) but I shouldn't have to resort to this method.

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It seems you miss the needed audio codec...it seems your PC is reporting it canot decompress that stream (unless it is corrupted). It defintely doesn't seem you have a MP3 audio stream.
    If you load the movie with VirtyualDubMod, can you Stream__Stream List__Demux (simply do: Demux, the minimal thing you can do. Uncompressing it will be another issue for later) that audio stream? If not, there are serious coruption problems in that AVI.
    In that case, even if you press 'demux', on some audio stream the output is not an uncompressed WAV, but a demuxed audio stream.
    n this case, maybe there's something we could do, but I'll need many more info.
    For instance, sometimes you can extract a 'real' uncompressed WAV from that 'un-sync' audio stream you create when you convert that AVI into MPG. In this case, you can apply 3) on the constantly-delayed WAV stream.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  5. Lawnor

Lawnor Member

I just tried ripping the soundtrack from the copy I had on a CD and it converts fine. I guess something must have damaged the copy on my drive. I hope it converts fine to DVD now. Thanks for the help.

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you PM me with your e-mail address I can send you a Little Tool that will decompress the VBR Mp3 audio in your XviD/DivX files so that you don"t have Sync Problems after encodeing to Mpeg-2/DVD...

Cheers

7. neney1

neney1 Member

Hi Minion can you help me please, I have the same problem never had it before I have a Xvid film I always encode just the movie no sound to mpeg with Tmpgenc and then I save the wav from the film using Virtual dub mod and then convert to AC3 and join it all back together never having a problem

This time Virtual Dub says ACM reported error on audio decompress and won't let me save the wav and I checked and its an MP3 audio what can I do

Janine

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

neney1: PM me with your e-mail address and I"ll send you the tool to decompress the audio in the AVI file....Cheers