1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid on standalone divx player...video no sound

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by cptcasual, Jun 28, 2007.

1. cptcasual

cptcasual Member

I have great video but no sound is there a simple reason for this? i am new to the world of divx and xvid. I would like to be able to take the xvid and burn it to a dvd and watch it and not have to spend 4 to 5 hours converting it to another file then watch it....Is this possible to fix the audio easily?

Thanks
    Cpt.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Xvid is a video codec only. It has nothing to do with audio. You might want to try something like GSpot to see what audio the file uses.

3. cptcasual

cptcasual Member

the audio codec from gspot is as follows

0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3

48000Hz 448 kb/s tot , 6 chnls (3/2 .1)

4. shadester

shadester Member

I have the same problem sometimes too, but retrying it a few times should work... Don't know why this happens though...

5. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Never heard of a player that couldn't handle AC3. Re-encoding to 2 channel mp3 should fix the problem and not take long, however it would be much better if you could get the AC3 working. Has the player ever played audio for files with 5.1 AC3?

6. cptcasual

cptcasual Member

Is is a brand new player philips model number dvp3140 i took it out of the box and startied burning my xvids i will try something with mp3 file on it

let me know if you think of anything else also how would i re-encode the audio to a different format without throwing the sync out

Thanks

7. Bry_

Bry_ Guest

I have the same problem, only mine works when using cdr's. The problem is when I try to use a DVD with multiple movies. They either will not load, load and freeze, or play with no sound. I've tried Nero, and roxy. The closest I got to making anything work is burning with DivX player. Burn 6 2 will work. The only problem is you never know which two. Personally I think it is an encoding problem. I'm going to try to recode a couple with Divx Pro and see what happens. I'll let you know. In the mean time if you figure it out please reply.......

8. Bry_

Bry_ Guest

I figured out most of the problem with the DVDs playing on the DivX player (I'm still getting a couple that won't play, but that's another challenge to be dealt with at a later date. It may be as simple as recoding in DivX 5 instead of 6).... Uncheck the "Multisession" box. The disk needs to be finalized.....