1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid playback, audio but blank screen

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by maguut, Nov 7, 2003.

1. maguut

maguut Member

i'm having trouble playing a back an xvid vite video clip. When opening with bsplayer i get perfect audio but a blank screen, although Gspot says i have all the necessary codecs. Everything else is working properly. When opening with media player, i get a green screen with no movement, only slighly resembling what should be seen.
    can anybody help?
    thanks

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

3. maguut

maguut Member

thats great thanks, it worked. I took the codecs that i needed from the nimo codec pack. I read somewhere that nimo has been known to cause some problems. The thing is the xvid-vite video clips are competely out of synch video to sound. is it a matter of delaying the audio by how ever time needed using virtual dub. I find it strange that only the xvids are out of synch while others are not. Is there another solution for correcting that?

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yep! Not so much, cause trouble but rather, people think it is a one-click solution for absolutely everything. Which it isnt. I'm glad you got it workin.

5. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Yes you can use virtualdub to fix up synch problems by delaying the audio track, but itll only work properly if the desynch is uniform throughout the whole movie.