1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid problem

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by esthetik, Feb 15, 2003.

1. esthetik

esthetik Member

everytime i try to play a movie that requires xvid, the picture appears upside down when i play it on windows media player...please help, i have tried installing xvid, which fixed some of the other problems i had but my files still plays upside down

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Where did you get the xvid codec you installed??

Do you have ac3 sound on your xvid files??

3. esthetik

esthetik Member

4. cmjackson

cmjackson Guest

I used to get upside down movies on some of my films. The way i fixed the problem was i re-installed DIVX codec and when the installer program is running it pops up a message box and says something like "do you want to overwrite this DIVX file". I choose no and low and behold it worked. Well i'm 95% sure i choose the no option. Anyway for some reson it sorted out the problem, don't know why, hope this helps you or anyone.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Depends on the player too, I recommend using WinDVD

6. cmjackson

cmjackson Guest

Well i was getting this problem on all players (WMPlayer and WinDVD) but not on DivX Player.

7. esthetik

esthetik Member

i downloaded windvd and it didnt fix the upside down problem; however i found another solution by d/loading a different player (sasami2k). still though, i would like to play my movies on wmp or at least divx player for the reason that sasami2k skips too many frames.