1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid probs

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by xiaobao12, Nov 5, 2004.

1. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

Hello everybody,

have any of you run into a problem with xvid files where the audio is fine but the picture stutters once every 2 seconds? should i follow the codec guide (i've only looked at it but haven't performed any installs/uninstalls) and will that solve the problem?

thanks a lot.

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

xiaobao12: Make sure you have the latest xvid 1.02 installed. If your playing from a cd, copy it to the hardrive and see if that helps. Try the latest ffdshow filter as a last resort.

3. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

thanks kingd

i solved the problem so thanks. i have another question:

i have the matrix reloaded and everything turns up fine on gspot and avicodec but when i play the movie, the music is very loud and the speech is so soft! can i do something about this? (by the way, picture is fine, just audio). thanks.

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

If its ac3 sound, then go into control panel, ac3filter and mess with the settings. Particularly, gain can help. However that effects the entire movie.

5. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

thanks, kingd. i looked in control panel and there is no icon for ac3. i went under sound and nuttin there either. so where is it?

6. Kingd

Kingd Guest

I said IF it is AC3. It obviously isn't since you can't find AC3filter on your system. Mess with your volume settings or soundcard software.