1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid resets to Xvid mobile after/while AutoGK

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Danage, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Danage

Danage Member

Hi All!

I Have configured Xvid's unrestricted profile to how I want it. While AutoGk is converting the profile has swapped back to Xvid Mobile. Why is this? and also is there anyhow I can check the output file to see if it really has encoded using my set up?

EDIT: I have managed to use an unrestricted Xvid profile using the normal gordain knot. I must admit the quality looks awesome!
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. attar

attar Active member

Any settings in the XviD configuration are erased by AutoGK - it controls the settings internally.
    The Advanced Options and the Hidden Options (Ctrl F9)are the only changes you can make.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/autogk.htm
  4. hello_hello

hello_hello Member

Better late to a thread than never, I guess......

I assume you've uninstalled the version of Xvid which comes with AutoGK and installed a different version? That's generally not a good thing if you want to continue using AutoGK.

If it's selecting a mobile profile then it's selecting the wrong profile due to you having a different version of Xvid installed. A mobile profile will use more restricted VBV settings (buffer, maximum bitrate etc) and probably cause issues with AutoGK hitting a desired file size in two pass mode, although Xvid can only control the VBV settings when running 2 passes. If you're only running single pass encodes, then using the mobile profile mightn't matter too much.

If you don't use either of the hardware compatibility options, AutoGK should use an unrestricted profile and a custom matrix. If you use a hardware compatibility option, it should use one of the Home Theater profiles. MTK will have AutoGK using a custom matrix, while ESS will have it using either the h263 or mpeg matrix, depending on the compression test result.

Which Xvid settings are you manually configuring which are better than the settings AutGK uses?