1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid sound,mpeg2 no sound

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by tat2, Sep 22, 2004.

1. tat2

tat2 Member

got few xvids trouble is when i convert them as i always do with tmpgenc 2.5 plus as i have done a hundred times and there is no sound try reinstalling it still no joy .
    i have divx total pack on here so maybe codec's but i know nothing about them so any advise would help or any other ways to encode xvid to mpeg2 as i have only ever used tmpgenc
    one more thing i did use dvd/pal settings (system+audio)thats as much as i know
    thanks for any help

2. yojimbo2k

yojimbo2k Member

Have you tried tinkering with any of the options under the Settings button in TMPGEnc? Particularly the stream select under the Audio Tab? That may help.

Try using a utility like GSpot to make sure you know which codecs the movie is using. That will help things along. TMPGEnc can't handle every audio codec, stuff like AC3 makes it balk, so I suggest just using it to do video, and use something like Virtualdub to do the audio side. Convert the resulting audio to WAV and use it as an audio source for TMPGEnc.

3. knifeman

knifeman Member

OMG strip the audio file. TMPGEnc allows you to refer a separate audio file when making your MPEGS.

Best thing is to download Virtual Dub Mod and strip the audio stream using the streams - save as wav.

Then use that file in the audio section of TMPEGEnc.