1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid -> SVCD help.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dented, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Dented

Dented Member

Sp, I've looked at a few guides on the net, and tried using tmpgenc and dvd2svcd to do the encoding. Unfortunantely tmpgenc just gives me a damn ton of error-messages and crashes, and DVD2SVCD won't even open the files, just claiming it can't find a way to decode format 'Xvid'. What should I do? I've ripped the audio to wav with virtualdub, converted it to ac3 and fixed it with ac3fix. I've checked all files for errors and found none. What now? Why won't DVD2SVCD open my files? Any other programs you would recommend?

I'd appreciate any help you can give me. I'm getting a bit frustrated at this point.

Thnx.

2. anewn

anewn Member

TMPGEnc converted my Xvid files to VCD just fine. I run WinXP Pro SP1...

3. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Dented, if you have the new dvd2svcd then i can understand the problem with the xvid compressor. Its quite easy to fix. First of all go to your control panel and run add/remove programs. Get rid of Xvid Mpeg-4 codec. Then download this codec - http://www.divx-digest.com/software/xvid.html

get it from link 2