1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid to anything

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rkshack, Jan 17, 2005.

1. rkshack

rkshack Member

I recently downloaded a movie in xvid. The audio and video are in sync. When I put it on my archos the audio and video are out of sync. I then tried to convert it to divx and later to mpeg 2 in order to either burn to dvd or get it on my arhcos 420. The divx (using vitualdub) is out of sync. The mpeg also out of sync. I tried pulling an uncompressed audio wave and recompiling using tmpgenc and still out of sync. Also of note the audio file is about 3 minutes shorter than the video file. What should I do or is it hopeless. I have also tried a few other programs and multiple settings in tmpgenc 2.5 and source creator.

rkshack

2. thakronik

thakronik Member

I personally have been having issues with Xvid converting. Im trying to convert to mpeg-1 in order to burn in vcd (using a splitter after conversion) but i cant even get any audio at all. it also added over an hour of blank video to the end. I have no idea what to do and I think both of us are hopeless. I even tried downloading new codecs I currently have like 20 different attempts...