1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XVID to DVD errors

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rexyboy, Nov 4, 2004.

1. rexyboy

rexyboy Member

Hi,
    I have been having a lot of problems converting xvid avi's to dvd. I started with various avi's, split the audio out with VirtualDubmod and made a stream copy of the video without audio. I then use the video file with Tmpgenc and try to convert to a dvd (m2v) file. At various locations in this encoding process I get either a "Read error occurred at address xxxxx in tmpgenc.exe..." or "Write error ... " or windows hangs and reboots.

I have tried:
    * Increasing the priority of directshow to 2
    * Tmpgenc versions, most recent, 2.59.47.155, Plus and Express.
    * Codecs xvid, divx, 3ivx, nimo packs
    * Virtualdub and Virtualdubmod for the preprocessing
    * Many different video files that all play correctly
    * Framestreaming from Virtualdub and Virtualdubmod
    * Encoding also with Nero Vision, Mainconcept, Canopos Procoder 2.0, Super DVD Creator, and others I cant remember.

Everytime a similar outcome of hanging. I am running WinXP SP2, and it has only been a few weeks since a complete rebuild.

Not sure what else I can try. I have read everything I can find on the net about these issues for the last two days, so I hope someone can help.

2. rexyboy

rexyboy Member

I still really need help with this problem. I have since tried:
    * Checking my memory DIMM's by taking one out and trying one at a time.
    * Updated MB and video card drivers.

Any body that has some ideas would be appreciated

Thanks.

3. mickas

mickas Guest

I too have had probs with Xvid with TMPGEnc ...some movies convert to DVD ok ....Xvid with mp3 audio to DVD some work....other i reconvert to Divx (i know its a pain but it works for me) Xvid with ac3 audio is a pain cause you have to extract the audio with virtualdubmod and demux it then convert audio to mp3/mp2 ur choice think mp2 is better cause its DVD compliant already....Save the origninal avi without audio then u can import both to TMPGEnc seperately ...when u do don't change the video header (it will ask it i am sure)...c how u go hope i helped ...

4. mickas

mickas Guest

Sorry 4 got to say Besweet converts from ac3 to mp2/3

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.