1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Xvid to DVD-R) No .ac3 sound with IfoEdit?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by X_BuRn3r, Apr 14, 2004.

1. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Hi guys! This is doing my nut in!?!?!?!
    I have Lord Of The Rings which is 3 Xvid files...I used this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm to convert.
    I used VirtualDubMod to strip the .ac3 sound from the film and TMPGEnc to convert the film to .mp2, I then use IfoEdit to author the DVD following the guide to the nearest detail....after burning the first part to DVD everything was perfect, however on converting and burning parts 2 and 3 the DVD-R's had perfect video but no audio? I have no idea as to why it worked fine only on part one but never again? I've searched high and low on every forum for an answer to this, so i'm hoping there's a good few experts on this "benchmark" burning forum!
    Thanks guys well in advance. This forum ROCKS!!!

2. sneaky

sneaky Guest

did u alter the audiosettings in ifo edit? (to 6channel ac3). I just did Paycheck via the same guides and it works perfect! Don't forget to merge the xvid avi files first! (before extracting audio to ac3 with virtualdubmod). To keep rotk in topquality i have merged cd1 and 2 to 1 avifile (that will become DVD1), cd3 will become DVD2. I will report when I have done rotk.

3. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Hi Sneaky...
    Where are the audio settings in IfoEdit?
    I extracted the ac3 using VirtualDubMod, Encoded the movie using TMPGEnc and Authored the DVD using IfoEdit...
    The first DVD i recorded worked fine with sound, but from then on every dvd i burn has no sound...
    I can play the .ac3 and the .m2v in media player seperately however, when authored with ifoedit the resulting .VOB files have no sound?
    Much appreciated any help. This is really confusing me now, as i said it worked 100% first time???

4. sneaky

sneaky Guest

:-( as I said, paycheck went excellent and today I did the last samurai. Now I have the same problem as you too. (so you are not stupid if you thought so;-) ) I also authored a dvd at exacly the same way. The ac3 file does play with mediaplayer and after authoring with ifoedit and reopening the video_ts.ifo file, there are no sound details. so there is also no sound when testplaying the DVD. very strange. I don't have any suggestions 4 this moment. I i have I will post.... speak to you later.

5. X_BuRn3r

X_BuRn3r Member

Hi m8!!!
    After 5 days! i have finally found the solution to this problem....
    It seems that if there is so much as just a tiny 'blip' or error in any .ac3 sound no DVD authoring tool will accept it... After 5 long days of hunting a half descent solution i have finally stubled upon a much needed solution...Use a program called "BeSliced 2.0", when you start the program a small pic of an old guys head will pop-up...drag the .ac3 file to the pic and click "fix"...the program will then fix the .ac3 file creating an error log along the way...This seems to be quite a common problem with .rar file movies.
    Hope this helps you sneaky and any other people who have been searching for this answer.

6. sneaky

sneaky Guest

Bulls Eye!!! that's the sollution. just finished doing "the last samurai". Sound systems online:)!! Very funny how you post a request and then eventually end up answering your own question:) Keep up the good work and have a nice weekend.