1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid to DVD with NeoDVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by gman71, Jan 21, 2005.

1. gman71

gman71 Guest

Just set up my new PC and installed NeoStudio by Mediostream and can't seem to get it to convert my Xvid files to DVD.

I had the same program on my old PC and it converted Xvid files with no problems. I have a bunch of compatible codecs installed and when I check the file with G-Spot it confirms that I have compatible video and audio codecs installed.

I load the file into NeoDVD the same way as I load other files and when I hit OK to start encoding the screen returns to the setup screen.

Any Ideas?

2. bwilson22

bwilson22 Member

Hey gman 71,

Im having the same problem, i've used neoDVD for a year with no problems. I reformated my hard drive re installed everything and no neo doesn't work, it starts the process and then just switches back to the main screen. Have you had any sucess figuring it out?

thanks, BW

3. gman71

gman71 Guest

Hey BW,

No success yet!

When I used Neo on my old PC I remember I downloaded a codec to get it to convert Xvid's but I can't remember which one it was.

Neo plays the file OK but when I try to convert it it switches back to the setup screen the same as yours does.

If I can figure out what sorted it out last time I'll let you know.

Cheerz - gman71

4. nickUK

nickUK Member

Hi gman71 & bwilson22...

I had exactly the same problem as both of you but I have finally managed to crack it. I was using Ace Mega Codec Pack 6.03 at the time of the problem so I uninstalled that and put version 5.93 on. During installation it will ask if you want to run agressive remover to remove other codecs from your system, click ok to that and follow the steps to complete installation. It should then work ok!

Hope that helps you.. :)

5. gman71

gman71 Guest

Nick,

You are a genius!! Installed Ace Mega Codec pack 5.93 and NeoDVD now works with Xvid files.

Thanks for the great tip!!

Gman71

6. nickUK

nickUK Member

No probs....a Thank you would've been fine but i like the 'genius' touch :)

After leaving the reply i tried uninstalling ace mege 5.93 and putting back 6.03 and it still works so it mustve been some other codec that was already installed on the system somewhere that caused the problem in the first place.

Anyway..glad it works ok for you dude!