1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid to Mpeg

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by JMcQueen, May 18, 2003.

1. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

OK, Im trying to convert my Xvid file to MPEG and Im having a few troubles. The why that thought would be best would be to use TPMGEnc but there was no audio in the output file. So then I thought about using virtualdub to extract the audio first. This presented a new problem. I get the error message "The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. check that the sampling rate and and channel count match those of the requested format" I find this a bit strange as I've selected no change from the input file to the output. I suspect that this is codec related but I have the Xvid codec and the films play fine in WMP. Anyone got any ideas?

2. wildy91

wildy91 Member

Is the audio ac3
    if so you will need a ac3 filter if not try these settings in the vfapi settings...

DirectShow Multimedia File Reader.......3
    AVI2(OpenDML) File Reader..................1
    AVI VFW compatibility Reader...............0
    CyberLink MPEG-2 Decoder..................0
    Microsoft MPEG-1 Decoder....................0
    Wave File Reader..................................0
    BMP/PPM/TGA/JPG File Reader..............-2
    DVD2AVI Project File Reader 1.76+......-2*
    TMPGEnc Project File Reader 2.58........-2*

let me know how you get on..?

3. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

It could be AC3 given the source of the movie. I didnt know I'd need a filter, I thought the codec would cover both ripping,encoding and playback of the audio. Where can I get a filter from?

4. JMcQueen

JMcQueen Regular member

OK I've managed to extract the audio to a .wav but now I have a new problem. When converting use TPMEnc, after about 6mins I loose the picture totally and it stops converting the picture. The original file plays fine all the way through but even the output has a black screen after this point. Any idea?

5. wildy91

wildy91 Member

Try installing 2 xvid codecs, dont use nemo codecs... get them from doom9.net , and use the above vfapi pluggin settings, other than that i aint got a clue unless the file is corrupt..