1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid to VCD (sound problem)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by chichi, Jan 26, 2004.

1. chichi

chichi Member

Hello,

I am trying to convert a Xvid avi file into MPEG using TmpEncg but it seems that TmpEncg can not find audio file;
    I tried to extract the sound into an waw file using Virtual Dub but I get the following error messge:

"The Requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format; check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format"

I tried to find the characteristics of input in VirtualDub: File->File Information but it seems that everything is fine with sampling rate and channel count;

Could somebody help me?

Regards

Chichi

2. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

There is probably a simpler way of doing this but the quickest for me is to use a utility called DECOMPRESS. This utility comes with the FREEWARE AVI2VCD. You may be able to find it somewhere else on the net. This will convert the audio of your AVI to WAV. Your output file will be much bigger but should work fine now with TMPGenc. This will solve your audio problem. Give it a shot.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2004