1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XviD to VCD... subs come and go!?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by MrBl0nde, Jan 15, 2005.

1. MrBl0nde

MrBl0nde Member

Hi... I've been at this a long time and converted many a movie without problem for a long time. For some reason I haven't converted a subtitled movie in a while but now that I want to convert a few I am getting an odd problem.

I am using VirtualDub to extract the audio and TmpgEnc to encode with VobSub v2.23 to handle the subs. I have set the "Directshow Multimedia File Reader" setting to +2 in the VFAPI plug-in settings in TmpgEnc.

The problem is that when converted throughout the movie the subs disappear for a minute sometimes and then come back.

Anyone have an idea? I remember I used to change a few different things in the VFAPI when I used to do this before but I can't find the site with those settings anymore... could this be the problem.

Cheers in advance!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It happened also to me on my old computer with all settings well checked and 100% OK.. I don't know why. But I've made a guide to make mpegs with permenent subtitles using Virtualdub (to insert subtitles), TMPGenc (AVI --> MPG) and some other sofware. It's a little longer but it works 100%. If you PM ma your e-mail address (posting that address in the forum is forbidden due to spammers!) I can e-mail you the guide.