1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid to vcd/svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ocs, May 28, 2003.

1. ocs

ocs Member

I used to use tmpeng to convert my avi(div, xvid) codec files into mpg format. I recently reinstalled my operating system and now when i try and create the mpg it says that the file is 220 roughly minutes long. It does this with the xvid files, does anyone know how i can fix this,

thanks

OCSonline2003

2. ocs

ocs Member

Someone please help, the file is only 80 minutes long and its telling me its 280. any ideas y this is?

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I already answered this on another thread you posted!

4. C2003

C2003 Member

Try ripping the "audio" of the xvid file to an
    uncompressed format (PCM) with Virtual Dub V1.5.1 , Then direct stream copy with Virtual Dub for the "video" file.You should have two files now audio/video , run them through you favorite Mpeg encoder.

C2003

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Why would you want it in 2 files?? Thats the main cause of out of sync problems. But if instead you set the audio to full processing mode (no compression pcm) and video to direct stream copy and then file - save avi, you can avoid it! Then you'll just have an avi file with the same viudeo stream and an uncompressed audio stream!