1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid with AC3 audio to VCD with Nero

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by diecast, Sep 3, 2004.

1. diecast

diecast Member

I burned Van Helsing Xvid with AC3 audio using Nero VCD.

The video worked but the sound didnt. I downloaded the codec for the computer and the avi file worked with windows media player, sound and video..

So if I burn it now with the codec will the sound now work on my dvd player????

plzz help

2. 5P1NN3R

5P1NN3R Member

I tried that once but there's no sound in the DVD player. I was asking the same queston but no one replied.

3. 5P1NN3R

5P1NN3R Member

I tried that once but there's no sound in the DVD player. I was asking the same queston but no one replied.

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

nero doesn't support ac3 ?
    try checking out if there's a plugin for nero.

anyway, try decoding it to wav.
    try with headac3che, besweet

5. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

You don't need to decode to WAV. Once a file has been encoded, if you decode it, and then reencode it, the quality will drop by 1/2 (Quality always drops a sigificant amount each time you reencode something) If you have the origional File you can encode it using either MP3 audio or L.A.M.E. (which is actually the same thing with only a few slight differences). Also, how are you encoding the Xvid? Sometimes I've found that the certain videos will not produce audio based completely on how I encoded it. Hope this helps

6. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

i have nero 6 with ac3 plug-in installed. What i want to know is how you got to burn xvid using nero, i tried and i keep getting an error and nero closes down!!!.