1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xvid4psp doesn't work for me

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by mtb2k, Mar 6, 2007.

1. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

I encode a vid, and it will play on my pc, but is not recognized in my PSP. I notice when Xvid4psp has converted the video, the file name hasn't been changed. i tried changing it to the number format that the psp needs, and that didn't work.

one thing i notice about the program.. why doesn't it have a regular avc option like pspvideo9? i can only encode to mp4, or pmp avc.

i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong that is making the video unrecognizable to my psp

2. Freediver

Freediver Member

Link to my reply in a previous thread:

3. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

Yeah so i went with SUPER since Xvid4psp doesn't work. SUPER severely limits me with options however, so, back to PSPVideo9. Seems as though going back to that is always the case until someone creates something truly better

4. Freediver

Freediver Member

Encode to MP4 PSP 480. Make sure that you have "generate random MAQXXXX" checked under settings.

5. mtb2k

mtb2k Member

i can't encode with psp 480 because i run official firmware on it, and since i do that, i'm unable to run videos at full resolution. i've tried the mp4 setting, and the mp4 psp 2.80 setting. they can be played on my pc with media player classic every time, but not once have they worked on my psp. it always shows up as 'unrecognized data'.