1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xvid_encraw

Discussion in 'Digital video discussion for Linux users' started by vessy, Mar 15, 2011.

1. vessy

vessy Member

Hi,
    I am trying to run an example on Evalvid, under Linux.
    According to the instructions of the example in the link:
    http://140.116.72.80/~smallko/ns2/myevalvid2.htm
    I wrote in the shell :

./xvid_encraw -i akiyo_cif.yuv -w 352 -h 288 -framerate 30
    -max_key_interval 30 -o a01.m4v

I need to download the Xvid_encraw in order to do it.
    Do you know where can I find it?
    please help me a.s.a.p
    Thanks a lot.

ves.*

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

xvid.. standard codec.. encraw is actually a switch function meaning encode raw (you are trying to make a mp4 video file from raw YUV after all ..

if you have w32 codecs pack or ffmpeg installed you just need to make sure it's in your path..

http://www.xvid.org/Xvid-Codec.2.0.html

I don't really get why you are doing this .. trying to run a trial video streaming evaluation tool while quite obviously lacking certain key pieces of understanding.. try reading ALL the linked pages again.. and working in a methodical manner.. ALL the codecs and other bits and pieces should be built from the sources linked from the page listed.. otherwise it's very likely there will be version conflicts and errors.

also note.. the command you are using is for cygwin environment, in all likelyhood things aren't going to work properly in any other operating system environment without some major tweaking (as the author says.. download necessary software .. and nothing further) .. so from there on you are totally alone

It would help greatly if you could show the error you are getting.. and the location of your codecs in relation to the $path environment you are currently in.

3. vessy

vessy Member

Hi,

The location of xvidcore is in myevalvid2, the current directory .
    The error I got:

@ubuntu-desktop:~/ns-allinone-2.34/ns-2.34/myevalvid2$ ./xvid_encraw.dsp -i akiyo_cif.yuv -w 352 -h 288 -framerate 30 -max_key_interval 30 -o a01.m4v
    bash: ./xvid_encraw.dsp: No such file or directory

What is missing?
    Many thanks for your help.

4. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

./xvid_encraw.dsp .. it either doesn't exist or isn't in your $path .. I get the strangest feeling that command string is nothing like right.. ./ is usually used when running something as root rather than as user.. try invoking it as simply

Code:
     xvid_encraw.dsp -i akiyo_cif.yuv -w 352 -h 288 -framerate 30 -max_key_interval 30 -o a01.m4v