1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ya i was just wondering what was with the pop up on main page

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by XdjxedxdX, Aug 24, 2004.

1. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

the first page i saw when i logged on was this big popup lookin thing and i almost clicked on it to get rid of it which would have screwed me i thought the peeps that ran this site understood that spyware and popup crap sucked i mean i know that you get paid by advertiseing and all but this is one client that should have got the boot but i dont know whats everyone else think?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

We don't have pops on our main page and we don't have popUPs on our site at all -- only "popping stuff" we have on our site are the popUNDERs (that pop behind your active browser window, never on top of it) that are limited to one per session and even those are never activated on the main page. So, what I am assuming is that you

a) have come to our site from a site that utilizes "exit pops", which means that in the instant you wonder off from their site, a pop is launched

or

b) you have adware installed on your computer in form of some commercial P2P software, etc that initiates pops randomly every now and then. I suggest you running SpyBot or AdAware to check this.

Report back if this problem occurs again.

3. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

Im sorry i wasnt clear enough when i posted my question i meant the add banner on the main page it cycles through a bunch of different adds and the one for spyware that says something like (you have spyware on your comp do yo want to remove it) its got the traditional yes and no buttons on it. it almost tricked me into clicking it to close the window cause i thought it was a real pop up good for advertising bad for me and other people on the site lol

4. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

is spybot and adware still the best progs or is there something that'll give of more bang for my buck i have both progs already and they work pretty good but theres always someone making new spyware or addware to get around the blocks we already have and alot of them are the same people that make the blockers one big cycle were chasing our tails lmao

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member