1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo mail

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by durkinjt, Nov 24, 2014.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Is it just my computer, or has anyone else been having problems with Yahoo mail, getting a lot of "having technical difficulty" message lately.
    I am using Win 8.1

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i think it is yahoo as i remember reading about that problem on the internet news last week.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

Yahoo Mail outage enters fourth day after underwater cable is severed

YAHOO MAIL is still down after an underwater cable was severed last week, with the outage entering its fourth day on Monday.
    The incident, which Yahoo is blaming on an unnamed third-party, has seen the firm's Mail service downed in the UK and US, leaving many people unable to access their accounts and others suffering slow page loading times.

The service has been unacessible for many since 20 November, is still experiencing issues four days later.

Yahoo has confirmed issue on its support pages, but hasn't yet said when the service is likely to be back up and running, nor has it updated this page since the outage first occurred last week.

"We are aware that Yahoo Mail is slow or inaccessible for some of our users. The issues were a result of an underwater fibre cable cut, caused by a third party while fixing a separate cable.

"The engineering team has rerouted email traffic to mitigate accessibility issues. A cable repair ship has been mobilised and will be at the site this weekend.

"We apologise for the inconvenience as we certainly understand email is a critical service for our customers."

The notice added: "Some Yahoo Mail users are experiencing delays in accessing and viewing their mail.

"We'll be posting updates regularly on this page to keep everyone informed of our progress. Thank you for your patience as we work to fully resolve this."

Yahoo has yet to respond to our request for comment on the issue.

Typically, Yahoo Mail users have flocked to Twitter about the outage. One user complains: "If Yahoo was #RBS they'd be fined £56m for locking us out of our accounts. How am I expected to run my business with #yahoomaildown?"

Another adds: "Nobody panic, @yahoomail are confident they will have the problem fixed by Christmas."
    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...-major-outage-due-to-severed-underwater-cable

4. durkinjt

durkinjt Regular member

Thank you, first I've heard of this.

5. WilliamM.Barton

WilliamM.Barton Newbie

Yes it was a problem caused by underwater cable cut, now yahoo mail is working fine after 11 days of downtime.

6. lbug7575

lbug7575 Newbie

How am I expected to run my business with #yahoomaildown?" Typically, Yahoo Mail users have flocked to Twitter about the outage. One user complains: "If Yahoo was #RBS they'd be fined £56m for locking us out of our accounts.

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Outside of this being an outdated thread, why would you use Yahoo Mail for your business?