1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Daljinec

Daljinec Guest

Hi, i had Yamada dvx 6000 and subtitles sub and srt, worked great by pushing the Angle button (after i installed the latest firmware), but now i have Yamada dvx 6600 and most of my subtitles don"t work????
    Some subtitles just appear, but the Angle and Subtitle buttons on the remote have no effect? Does anybody know how to make the subtitles work?
    thank you !

2. pede

pede Regular member

The Mediatek chip inside the Yamada 6600 (and new Rimax Multiplayers etc.) doesn't yet come with firmware that supports subs in either format.

Sub support for divx/xvid has been promised... maybe in march, maybe later..

You just need to wait. I'm sure that you will see on these boards when thefirmware arrives ;-)

3. pfeito

pfeito Guest

Is it here yet? I've received today my Yamada DVX-6600 and it has no subtitle support when playing divx/xvid contents :'(

I paid a visit to UMAX/Yamada's website - DVD Player Firmware Upgrade - and I noticed that there isnt any firmware upgrade for this DVD player.

Does anyone knows when it should be available?

4. sc64

sc64 Member

there are no firmware updates available as yet. the link below will allow you to check for yourself. it must have some kind of subtitle support (or am i missing something) as i watched passion of the christ with subs.

http://www.yamada.de/FWupdate/FWsearch.htm

5. pfeito

pfeito Guest

The ones I've tried do not show subtitles. The subtitles button does not work either. But I hear ppl all around saying that there will be a firmware update soon... all I can do is wait :(

6. pfeito

pfeito Guest

Ive just checked http://www.yamada.de , there will be a firmware update soon that will enable subtitle support for divx :)

7. baldrick

baldrick Member

Hi! I just received my 6600 unit yesterday. I like it very much but have two questions. All Xvid coded films that I have tried are not working. No picture, just sound... And my TV remote (Samsung) interferes with Yamada player. I have checked for new firmware, but still not available. All other types of pictures and videos is great, a lot of functions (rotate pictures), great TV output and picture. Thanks!

8. pede

pede Regular member

the yamada now has a beta firmware out which fixes the time showing as default on divx play and also shows subs in srt format. however, only ascii characters.

this is not the final firmware, only a beta

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  9. Warlocke

Warlocke Member

I have found that the 6600 won't play WMV files. Has anyone else had the same prob or know how to get it to work?

10. pfeito

pfeito Guest

Has anyone tried the firmware update yet? How is the subtitles support (.srt at least) working?

I'll will do the firmware update next weekend, or the weekend after, but I was curious enought to ask here first :)

11. zaman487

zaman487 Member

i just upgraded my firmware and yippee it works perfectly

12. peterpan1

peterpan1 Member

Hi. Could someone please tell me - do I make the "bin" file i downloaded ( the beta ver for the 6600) into an ISO file? Surely I dont burn the bin file on the cd for the firmware update? Instructions, i find, are lacking. Apparently when you download the file and unzip it, you should have an ISO file...
    Thanks in advance

13. forbiden

forbiden Guest

For zaman487 and everybody. I've upgrade Yamada 6600 and I find that when I put it in Stand By Mode the TV don't show the program, but a black screen in AV mode.Yamada and TV are connected with Scart cable.It seems that is a bug of the new FW. Old FW work fine when doing that.Can enyone confirm this bug?
    peterpan-Yes it has to be ISO fileafter unzip.Use Unzip and not Unrar.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2004
  14. peterpan1

peterpan1 Member

Forbiden thanks! Works like a charm, who would of thought...

peterpan

15. PBill

PBill Member

Going back to Warlocke's thread, anyone know if/how wmv files can be played?

16. zeguerr

zeguerr Guest

Hi
    I've upgrade my yamada 6600 and I have the same problem:
    "when I put it in Stand By Mode the TV don't show the program, but a black screen in AV mode.Yamada and TV are connected with Scart cable."
    Its a bug?
    When I upgrade the unit, the player don't show me a success message.
    Regards
    jose

17. JamesM

JamesM Guest

I'm gonna wait for the full release of the patch as I don't trust beta drivers on my 6600 judging by these posts.

Mine already plays Xvid, DivX and has managed to play everything I've thown at it so far. Not tried WMV yet though.

The URL : http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG3334_dvd__divx_player__.html doesn't show WMV (Windows Media Video) as one of the compatible formats but it does show WMA (Windows Media Audio) at least.

My manual is probably in the garage at the moment...

18. zeguerr

zeguerr Guest

Hi
    This is the anwser sended to me by the yamada support, concerning "bug" in the new firmware:
    "
    If upgrade is finished the player will restart, so you will see no
    success message. If your TV doesn't switch back if you put the Player
    in standby mode then it's a problem of the switching Signal in
    combination with your TV(If you have used a SCART lead)
    Turn it of completely and you should be able to switch back, otherwise
    have a look in the manual of your TV if you can change this automatic
    switching or try another connection to your TV if you have more
    connections there."

19. forbiden

forbiden Guest

Nothig is true in Yamada support answer.With first FW ,switching back to TV worked. With new FW it does not.My VCR work good with the same TV.
    Everybody, send message to support center to work this bug. I'm not very happy that the newer the FW is, we loose options.

20. pfeito

pfeito Guest

Any feedback from Yamada? I'm still waiting for that "non-beta" firmware upgrade :\