1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. fishily

fishily Member

Never say never, I'm hoping that the OpenMTK guys will have the DX4 firmware sorted for the Yamada 6600 within a month or so. At that point the 6600 will do packed bitstream and .sub.

I could be wrong but I hope not......

Fish

2. fishily

fishily Member

@ dayspring

Have you bought one yet?

Fish

3. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Yes, it came last week for my birthday.

The first thing i did was make it Multi from the keypad hack - no problem them I burned a dvd with 4 moives DivX and Avi and played it worke just fine, thank you. But some problems when I stoped the movie it goes back to the menu and starting the movie the fast forwarding and voice were way out of sink. So I found a firmware upgrade from here
    http://voyager222.no-ip.com/pyps/yamada6700_more.html and it fixed the fast forward sink.

But I wasn't sure if this is the latest firmware and does it fix the bit stream for divx reading the forum. So any help here would be appriated. The quality of the play is brilliant I coverted riddick to DVD and played it it was crap but just playing the Divx movie kicks ass.

All I need now is a quality site to download some more

Well worth the £42

kind regards
    Dayspring

4. fishily

fishily Member

Only the first firmware for the 6700 can play packed bistream. The later one are crap at pbs but have better subtitle support.

Fish

5. markus21

markus21 Member

hi everyone just thorught i shear some info i found out regarding the yamada dvx 66000 bitstream problams i spoke to someone at umax as i have to return my player i mention to tham about the yamada having bitstream problams i was than told that there wood not be a firmwire update as they said that the yamada dvx 6600 plays all divx movies and they wont do a update as there is no need so i said i send tham a movie which has bitstream problams resulting in being jerky and the auio being out of syn.so they can see for tham self.i wood suggest that everyone who has these problams to get in contact with umax telling tham about the problams and if needed send tham a copy of a movie which has these problams so they can see for tham self

6. conneally

conneally Member

Hi All,
    I have a Yamada 6600 for about 8 months now and it has suddenly stopped working. It comes up with the message No Disk . I have read in a previous thread (musukebba) that this is a common problem with the ribbon cable. I opended the unit and checked to see that it was connected properly and all cables were inserted 100%. I am still receiving the same message, does anyone have another resolution for this problem.

IThe remote seems to have a problem transmitting or the machine has the problem recieving, I have downloaded the latest firmware (Aug 2004) but it is still the same. Is this a common problem.
    On another note I am not using the machine for playing divx movies as I have not been able to find a decent site with any great variety of movbies any suggestions.

Thanx

7. fishily

fishily Member

Try taken the cable off, making sure the connections are clean by giving a quick wipe, the reconnect.

As far as divx/xvids are concern, then you will not get much luck from websites.

You are best to luck at bittorent sites, like mininova, isohunt etc., or Edonkey/Emule etc. Make sure you only download legal files from these networks and not pirate stuff because it would break this sites T&C to ask for pirate stuff etc (I'm sure you were only after uncopyrighted files to check your players condition anyway).

Fishily

8. conneally

conneally Member

I ahev taken the cable out and cleaned it at both ends but I still have the problem, does this mean that I have a problem with the optics, what should I do next.

JC

9. fishily

fishily Member

If it is the optic, then you are pretty much screwed. It a cost thing really, how much to fix versus how much to buy a new one.

A new player is probably the best way to go.

There is some info on my-yamada about the yamada optics and stuff, it may be worth a look.

Fishily

10. A.Ross

A.Ross Member

Hi

I have a Yamada 6600. One of the main things I use it for is playing burned DVD's with mp3's on. By doing this, I can fit 600+ songs onto a DVD. However, the music skips every minute or so. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening? Is a firmware upadate likely to solve this issue and if so, what is the lastest update?

Thanks in adavance for any assistance.

11. beerbear

beerbear Member

lolx.. i need help... erm... when i click open file.. i add the *sub* files in but it didnt shown there... how to solve this?.. plz help me..

12. fishily

fishily Member

.sub files are not supported by the 6600, convert them to .srt files

Fish

13. markus21

markus21 Member

does anyone know if yamada will do another firmwire upadte to sort outthe divx play problams

14. conneally

conneally Member

I was wondering where Fishily found my-yamada as indicated in his correspondence.

JC

15. baldrick

baldrick Member

Hi!

I had the same problem (not reading, no disc..)with 6600 player during warranty period and have taken it back and they replaced the drive. I think that your opening voids warranty or maybe not? Try at your dealers service, because this units have a year of warranty.......

Good luck

16. fishily

fishily Member

@baldrick

If it is under warranty then obviously sending it back and getting it fixed it by far and away the best thing to do. I've had mine since it was released and so I'll be buying a new player if this one goes tits-up.

@conneally

Sorry, www.my-yamada.co.uk should have lots of useful info for you. You do have to register though.....

@markus21

What is your divx problem? Do you mean problems with xvids? If you can describe the problem you have then someone or the board may have experienced it themselves and may be able to offer a solution.

Fish

17. josh1234

josh1234 Guest

hi guys ive got a yamada6600 player and ive been reading this thread to find a solution to the jerky playback of certain avis.i tried the unpacking the bitstream with mpeg modifier and it does fix the problem of jerky playback but every avi ive done the avi pauses for a couple of seconds then starts to play but misses a couple of seconds of the avi anybody else find this and found a solution cheers.

18. josh1234

josh1234 Guest

19. fishily

fishily Member

@ josh1234

Many of these pbs firmwares based on 6600 compatible machines work properly only on the 4 mb version not 8 mb version of the 6600. Also, flashing with these firmwares is only advisable if you have a flashing cable just in case (that said, it would probably be fine)

The avi problems you are talking about sound a bit like xvids with gmc use avicheck to see if it has gmc. Info earlier in thread, if required.

Fishily

20. josh1234

josh1234 Guest

hi fish yes there all xvids that are playing jerky these are two examples that i put through avicheck the first example i get a warni
    ng saying stream contains enabled quater pixel flag. example 1.Total Streams: 2
    Running Time: 1:39:01
    Index Chunk: Yes
    Interleaved: Yes
    Max Bytes Per Sec: 0
    AUDIO: 0 - MP3 (0x55)
    Average Bitrate Per Sec: 129 kb/s
    Samples Rate: 48000 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits Per Sample: 0
    SuggestedBufferSize: 960
    Sample Size: 0
    Variable Bitrate: Yes (112, 128, 160)