1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. felippe

felippe Member

I tried to update my DVX-6600. After burning a CD with the dvx6600v5.ISO file, closing the session, inserting the CD into DVD tray, the message appears:

"unknown format".

Does anyoane know something about this?

2. Delineas

Delineas Member

Did you follow the instructions properly?

Unrar the package which will leave you with an ISO file.

Open NERO (assuming you've got it), close the WIZARD, select BURN IMAGE.

Select the ISO file then make sure that you "Finalize" the CD and that it is under the "disk at once" setting. Burn at a lowish speed just to be sure.

On a different note; the jerky AVI's are because of a new encoding codec which the Yamada 6600 doesn't support yet.

3. meanieme

meanieme Member

ok so has anyone got the last firmware maybe if i go back to the older one they might play properly???

4. booms

booms Guest

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the File Manager screen to show more characters? I find it tends to cut off most of the file names of my files!

5. booms

booms Guest

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the File Manager screen to show more characters? I find it tends to cut off most of the file names of my files!

6. gtaljan

gtaljan Member

Hy i also hava yamada 6600 player and problems with subtitles.At the beginning they are ok but during the film they always dissapear(specially when for a moment player stops and than carryes on normally)...and also when i am forwarding film at speeds greater than 4× they also dissapear...The subtitles were in format .srt....does anyone know the problem and maybe any solution??

7. felippe

felippe Member

Hi!

It's normal to disappear the subtitle during FFWD. But it's not ok to disappear during playback; I had the same problem but, after updating the firmware, it seems to be ok (I've seen only two or three movies since then).

Also, another great improvement:
    Now the subtitle is displayed even on three rows and it is not truncated.

8. yHuKyM

yHuKyM Member

Has anyone tried to use subtitles in cyrilic letters? Does the player read them and display them properly?

9. gtaljan

gtaljan Member

felippe which firmware do you have??i have also updated mine but it still isnt ok...Could you please send me link to page where you fund it...thx

10. felippe

felippe Member

11. felippe

felippe Member

12. iceze

iceze Member

[ Removed ]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  13. rmsmg

rmsmg Member

Hi,

I did a firmware upgrade, but the power gone down, and now my yamada dvx6600 doesn't work, can anybody help me, please?

14. pfeito

pfeito Guest

Quoting the firmware update instructions -> http://www.yamada.de/ftp/yamada_update_eng.pdf:

"Please understand that if you are careless concerning the update we cannot issue any
    warranty. (Like switching of the player during update, any kind of power interruption,
    using a bad CD,using a wrong update File etc.)"

To fix that you'll have to find a way to reprogram the firmware with some kind of external memmory programmer. This is a rather technical operation.
    You could also send your unit to Yamada but the costs could be higher than just buying a brand new unit.

15. adrabu

adrabu Guest

16. kurgan666

kurgan666 Guest

I see two different version of the v6 firmware - does anyone know which I should use (for English, both list it as suported)

17. valhallaS

valhallaS Member

Neither of them has resolved the 'jerky' playback issue with new AVIs :(

Anyone know when (or if) we can expect a codec upgrade?

18. petejs

petejs Guest

problems playing rental dvds i think?
    Hi, all, Ive had my 6600, with latest patch installed for about 2 months and it plays xvid/divx etc & everything I have downloaded & burned, However tonight i have just rented, 21 grams & dead end from blockbusters, and it would not play them, it played the trailers at the beginning and as soon as it got to the main menu the screen went blank but i could still get sound and "title" was shown in the led display,.
    I switched player off and on again etc, still no joy. so i tried my pcs dvd player with win media player, and it came up with error something to do with copywrite protection so i tried cyber link powerdvd and it worked,
    sorry for the longwinded story but detail is sometimes necessary

any help would be appreciated

thanks

19. Reform

Reform Member

Since I put the upgraded I have had the same jerky avi problem, does anyone know if you can put an older firmware on? I dont really want to expiriment with it

20. fishily

fishily Member

What's happened is the guys who make xvid have made the latest builds of xvid use packed bitstream. Now xvids with packed bs make mediatek based players like the 6600 spew. The stuttering you see is the player trying to playback the packed bs and failing. The reason tv series that used to work fine and later eps don't, is that the latest are encoded with newer xvid builds.

The workaround is to unpack the bitstream using MPEG4Modifier availiable at

http://www.moitah.net/

Good Luck

Fish

It's lame to produce a product were version 1 encoded stuff plays pack fine but 1.0.1 does not. They argue its about quality but breaking compatibility so quickly after version 1 is too ghey for words..... I have no problem with packed bs being an option but making it default was a bad mistake.

Last edited: May 31, 2005