1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Reform

Reform Member

thanks that does work better and you dont have to re encode. wooooo!

2. fishily

fishily Member

I'm glad it helped.

3. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Fish, hey man thanks for the link. I have downloaded the stuff on the site you have given us, but I don't know how to use the program .EXE's you gave me, I keep getting an error and it won't open. Do I need something else installed like C++ or VB, or do I need to put the apps in a certain folder... I don't know what to do to get the stuff to open.

Also I went to this site http://divxpert.org/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,2/Itemid,4/ and downloaded the firmware that had been downloaded about 1300 times with all the languages. Has anyone used that firmware? Does it work well, becasue the main conscern I have is fixing the size of the screen for my Divx movies. Like my subtitles that are already on the AVIs are half cut out of the screen and the screen doesn't fit the TV properly. I have to watch my Naruto and Anime episodes in Half screen, and that is annoying the hell out of me.

Thanks for any help guys, much appreciated.
    Vic

4. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Damn, I just installed the firmware I downloaded from the above link and it didn't fix any of my problems, everything is about the same, except there is a nice picture of a Stralitcia Flower on my Yamada player which looks way better than before, and now at least the interface menu has extended file names which is a million times better. Other than that I tried installing both 4:3 TV Ratio Firmware and Standard Firmware from the firmware download. I am asuming that there is no fix for the Zoom problem then and I will have to carry on watching Naruto in Half Screen mode. Oh well, if you can help me, please let me know.

Kind regards to all
    Vic

5. martin_uk

martin_uk Member

Hi, has anyone had any probs with xvids which have been combined from 2 700mb files. Towards the end of the film the player will abruptly return to the menu with about 20 mins of the film remaining. Checking the file size against film length it seems to be when the film has crossed over 1gb.

I don't think it's bad frames as it happens on different films and I've also re-encoded the audio to change the filesize which moved the cutoff point.

Even if no one knows the answer it'll be good to know (I think!) if other people are able to playback xvid files over 1gb.

cheers
    Martin

6. fishily

fishily Member

You need to install .NET to get the mpeg4modiefier to work

7. fishily

fishily Member

@stevefox

Sounds like you have a widescreen TV but the original video is 4*3 with video between two black bar and the subs stradle the vid/black crossover. I guess.

If that is correct then there not much you can do. Either watch them with your tv set at 4*3 and have lots of black space or if your tv has a 14*9 mode see if you can still see the subs if you can then that is your best compromise between black space sides, top and bottom.

No dvd player would be able to do anything very different and just stretching the video would solve the left/right bar problem but give you fat anime and fat subs.

8. fishily

fishily Member

@Martin

Was it UDF or not?

9. sc64

sc64 Member

Martin_uk, i have played plenty of xvid/divx files over 1GB buy never jioned they are two separate files. You may have a reason for joining them but personally why bother. The player will automatically recognise the second file (it must be a dvd you have it on) and play it as one continuous file anyway.

fishily, where do you get this .NET to install the mpeg4modifier ?

thanks in advance.

10. martin_uk

martin_uk Member

@fishily
    Yup they were burned UDF. I think I tried ISO as well but tried so many things, can't be sure...I'm starting to think I'm the only one who joined multi-cd avi's and should probably stop it!

@sc64
    fair point, I started joining the files as I was watching them on the PC and got fed up with the delay in transition and I guess also because I could!

The .net 1.1 framework (which is needed to run mpegmodifier) can be downloaded from the micro$oft site at the link below or should also come up as an auto windows update

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

11. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Thanks Fish, I am going to try the 16*9 firmware and see what happens, otherwise, yes you are right I can see the subs if I switch the Screen to 16*9, but by the time I have finished all the adjustments (setting the actual Yamada Video option to Widescreen and my TV to widescreen, I get the equivalant of a half screen on Normal 4*3 and Pan. So I just kept on watching it on 4*3 and Pan at half screen, because it was the same either way.

Thanks a lot for the help Fish
    Vic

12. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Thanks a stack Martin for the .Net download post. I will try it out as soon as I finfish downloading it.

Thanks Vic

13. martin_uk

martin_uk Member

OK it's official...I'm crap!

In answer to my earlier question 'Problems with files over 1gb' Then DON'T select in Nero 'Force DVD-Video blah for Xbox compat' flag in UDF's

XBox's can't read media files over 1gb. Nero must limit file size in the UDF table with this flag set or something like hence the 6600 thinking the film was finished at 1gb.

That'll be thanks to Fish for asking his question which got me remembering the xbox limitations.

Also noticed when burning in ISO instead of UDF the fast forward was [bold]very[/bold] much quicker and the play/pause was much more responsive. Before there were sometimes delays of 5 secs when moving from pause to play.

cheers all
    Martin

14. sc64

sc64 Member

Martin cherrs for the link mate. What a difference that makes to the xvid files flawless playback - hopefully no more jerky avi files !!

15. martin_uk

martin_uk Member

I know what you mean...I'd been watching 'Long way round' & 'BSG' getting really fed-up with the jerky playback. They now play with dvd quality, I take back all I said about the 6600!

16. Reform

Reform Member

the new 6700 supports packed bitstream, might be good of them to fix the 6600

17. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Guys I installed the DOTNET Framework and then used the MpegModifier to try and open previously Jerky episodes of Hajime No Ippo Anime. The episodes that work perfectly on my yamada player were able to be opened by fine with the MpegMod, but the files that are Jerky on the yamada, did not want to open in MpegMod. Is that nmormal, they are all AVI files only.
    Error message, this is not a Valid Mpeg4-video, startcode not found at the begining of the frame.

Has this happened to anyone before that they cannot open some AVI files in this program?

Sorry for the bother.
    I agree with you Reform, those Yamada guys like to take the piss bringing out the 6700 when they haven't even tried to sort out the 6600.

later
    Vic

18. fishily

fishily Member

@martin_uk
    If you are downloading BSG you will find the latest one 1x09_FoV in not only packed bitstream but also GMC and qpel. A mediatek player will not like this, it will do xvid+qpel, but not xvid+gmc and especially not xvid+packed_bs+GMC+qpel.
    If you get one of these kinds of file then I recommend Dr Divx and a re-encode. It will be fine on the default settings.

Cheers
    Fish

PS Glad you solve your problem. I never use UDF for just burning avis to disk for the reasons you mention.

@stevefox

Have you tried opening with the older 1.1.0 version. Also if you need to know more about the files that don't work, download this http://w1.261.telia.com/~u26119659/Avicheck.exe
    run it then drag the file onto the open app. If it is not obvious what the problem is then cut and paste the output into this thread and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Re: 6700
    The 6700 has more memory than most of the 6600s. The 6700 has 8mb, most of the 6600s have 4mb. Though some 6600s have 8mb. The servos are incompatible so you can't just cross flash hopefully someone will work out how fix the 6600.

19. shortyuk

shortyuk Guest

hi fishily please help me, i cant get mpeg4 modifier to work ive installed .net framework, but when i download modifier there is no exe file in the folder, so how do you run this program?

20. fishily

fishily Member

Hi shortyuk

Did you remember to download the binary rather than the source? The source is for people who want to compile the program themselves rather than folks like me who just want to be able to double kick on a nice exe file.