1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha CRW-F1 Highly recommended!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rastad, Oct 15, 2002.

1. rastad

rastad Member

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I just bought the Yamaha CRW-F1 cd burner and I am really impressed! It reads my worst scratched-up CDs perfect on EAC with 100% DAE quality. My Plextor burner didn't even come close with those CD's. Also..... the new option Advanced Audio Qualtiy Recording System really does make the burnt cd's sound better. It's not the fastet CD burner around....but quality is much more important than speed. I'm real particular about audio quality. If your gonna do something, do it right.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

rastad,

Are you using EAC with C2 errors enabled? Could you do a little test:

Rip a bad CD to .WAV with C2 on and to another directory with C2 features turned OFF.

Then go to command promt and compare the files:

FC c:\noc2\*.* c:\c2\*.* and tell us if the files differ?

3. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

rastad, either you have the ears of a bat or your CD player is old. :D

The Advanced Audio Quality feature is supposed to make the CD more compatible with a wider variety of CD players, not necessarily improve CD sound quality. The F1 is probably better than your last burner in terms of audio reproduction so that may explain things a bit.

It does however reduce the total time that you can record onto a CDR.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=135

It is a pretty decent drive. Congrats.

4. rastad

rastad Member

The burner doesn't support retrieving c2 errors information.....as for the Advanced Audio Master Quality Recording Mode, here's an explaination of it from the owners manual:

"In this mode, a data signal equivalent to 1 second of the audio is recorded over lengths of up to 1.4m on the cd-r. This is longer than the 1.2m with the conventional recording methods. This improves the legibility of the CD, which leads to master quality audio, less skips on your car stereo, and longer life the data on the CDs."

Oh...and did I mention it had a 8 megabyte buffer? ;)

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I personally like the disc T@Too - very original idea.