1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RXV 4600 worth buying??

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by jaffa69, Aug 2, 2005.

1. jaffa69

jaffa69 Guest

Think im not gonna bother with the DENON 3805 and go for the YAMMY 4600 instead.Any thoughts on this idea?

Thanks

2. jalevy15

jalevy15 Guest

I am in the same boat... trying to decide which one to buy. My AV guys say that the 3805 is really not that great on the amplifier side, but I can get it for $799 - The Yam is $1400 and I'm not sure I want to go that far right now - some things to note - the 3805 has no included mic and was early in the optimization game for Denon, it has no HDMI or DVI and doesn't video upsample as well as the 4600. The remotes both stink in my opinion so that's a wash. I really think the 4600 is the better deal.

Let me know what you decide to do - I plan on making a decision this weekend. - thanks and good hunting.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2005
  3. Sledge13

Sledge13 Member

I just picked one up for 1250.00 Not too shabby. I really like all the new digital options. If you can get it for as cheap, buy it, or stay with the 2500 for older video equipment and save about half the price tag. Try www.shopping.com for pricing of audio equipment. Of course, buyer beware when shopping online, as there are alot of shitty businesses run out of garages who scam you every time. Check their ratings carefully first.