1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Year long Problem (Azureus/Linksys/American Scientific/Comcast)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by OnliZulu, Mar 20, 2007.

1. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

Azureus has no problem opening the torrent and seeing the peers/seeders. However my actual connections never reach above 1 or 2. Even when there are over 5000 Peers! It's nuts! Something must be wrong.

I've had this problem for a while and I've been unable to solve it. I've used Azureus for a long time, but ever since...well I'm not exactly sure, but ever since something it has stopped working. Maybe it was a change in router, modem, or something on comcast's side. I just am baffled at this point.
    Using Azureus
    Using A linkys Router
    Using A American Scientific Cable Modem
    Using Comcast

My Nat/Firewall test passes every time on Azueres. And I did the "Shields Up!" test and got exactly the right results. I guess you could say I'm fairly sure it's not an issue with the ports?
    I've seen no error messages as of late. Just this issue. I have tremendous spyware and virus protection. DMZ in not enabled.

If anyone can solve this they can truly call themselves a Bitorrent master/guru, because I am at a loss.

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

3. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

I did, which one do you think will help me? I overlooked those that didn't seem to be relevant of course.

like "rav009's Bit Torrent Safety & Privacy Guide"

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I linked DIRECTLY to that part of the guide for a reason, so either follow it, or continue having problems.

5. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

My mistake.

However I did exactly what the "Privacy And Safety Guide" said to do to my Azureus client and no improvement.

6. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Now, we reach a problem...
    Have you tried port forwarding, and particularly using a port in the 50000-60000 range, and/or port 1720 ?

7. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

I tried both those ports, and others. Again no major differences. And again, no NAT errors.

8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Then your ISP is throttling your bittorrent traffic.
    Get a better ISP.

9. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

But it's comcast and I know of people that use BT in my area using this ISP.

I think it's my router. After some searching I found people are having problems with the WRT54G. But I have no idea what they are saying.

10. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2007
  11. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

My linksys router is:
    Model: WRT54G
    Revision: 5.0

That website is for port forwarding, I don't think that's the issue because the nat check is positive. I'm going to check out WRTRouters, they might have some hacks. If you have any other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Or maybe I was missing something on that site?

12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Could be you need new firmware for it.

13. OnliZulu

OnliZulu Member

I just updated firmware, still no change. I've double checked everything I know of. Still no Nat error and blah blah.

14. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Then i'd say you either should just portforward the thing regardless, and see if it helps, or you REALLY need a new ISP.