1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another MPT/V220 Thread

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by CutRock, Apr 17, 2005.

1. CutRock

CutRock Member

Well, I think I've read through every thread out here and tried about every approach at trying to get this thing to connect. However, nothing seems to work. As of now, I have MPT v. 3.11h and P2Kman.zip on my PC. I've installed the drivers for the Motorola V220 Phone, but when I run MPT I can get to the clock screen and it runs for about a minute, then closes.

I really have no idea what to do from here. I've tried about everything and can't get anything to work. If you have a sure-fire guide to getting this to work I would greatly appericiate it.

Thanks for your time and assitance,
    CutRock

2. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

delete the drivers and let mpt pick them . wait till it ask for the usb before you plug it in. That is with win xp

3. CutRock

CutRock Member

I went into the control panel => phone and modem options and then deleted tahe Motorola USB Modem drivers... Is that what you meant?

Anyways, I tried to run MPT and I got to that same clock screen and it prompted me to install drivers for the phone. So I selected the P2K drivers from the extracted files from the P2Kman.zip files and the same thing happened.

4. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

are you running win 98se?