1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yet another n00bie mac question...

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by p1r473, Nov 5, 2008.

1. p1r473

p1r473 Member

i was cleaning around and found my old wireless keyboard and mouse from my old pc that broke this summer so now i have my powerbook g4 that replaced it.

so i have my monitor pluged into the video out, wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up, only problem is when i close the screen on my powerbook it goes into sleep mode, is there any way to make it so it just stays on so i can use it as a normal decktop computer when im at home?

i know you can do that with normal pc laptops but so far i havent found anything in the settings on how to do it with an apple laptop.

2. eliplan

eliplan Member

I don't think it is possible with a PowerBook G4, but maybe there is some software that will let you change settings that System Preferences won't let you do. My advice: GOOGLE IT

-イーライ

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

InsomniaX will prevent Sleep Mode and allow you to run that sucker in clamshell mode no problem. It allows you to sleep the internal display and work off it in clamshell mode. My friends do this all the time with their MacBooks. As long as you've got 10.4 or higher it shouldn't have a problem running closed with InsomniaX

P.S. - "Google it" does not equal an answer.