1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yikes, how do I tell FW, if the barcode is iffy

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PointGod, May 2, 2007.

1. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

i just got a psp and the guy at the counter told me sony removed the thing from the box telling people what firmware it is. When I got it, i check the barcode and saw a K so i figured i was ok... but i didnt open it yet and decided to check here.
    [​IMG]

that is an image from these forums that my psp's resembles.. BUT here's the thing... mine says PSP-1001 but there is no K beside that... it goes on to the next line where it says 120v and then the next line which says SSxxx (no need to type that number?) and beside that, where the FW code is in the picture above, mine has K

I have no idea what FW this is and im assuming this isnt K because all of the pictures of it on this site has K ina certain spot, but on mine its just not inthat spot, its moved where the FW # would be... help, i havent opened it yet because if its 3.03+ i dont know what I would do. should i return it and grab a DS Lite and an m3 or wait for a downgrader?

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  3. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

what i am saying is that i dont think that k is the firmware!
    if you look at all of the pictures, there is a k on all of them and then another letter for FW... mine has only one K and that is where the FW should be, so i think this is what the guy meant about sony making it so you cant tell the FW by the box...
    is there anyway i can open the seal of it without tearing it so i cant run the psp and check the FW?

4. PointGod

PointGod Regular member

and if it is 2.71, is that good or bad? it might have that one 086 motherboard right, why is that bad???

5. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

No, a little searching would of answered your question. Motherboards don't matter anymore, just firmwares (everyone, take a note of that).

6. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

thats wer dark alex cums out to once again beat sony at their own gae i love him lol hes da best