1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You all are my LAST RESORT... Plz help, all info would be welcome....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by overseas, Jul 10, 2003.

1. overseas

overseas Member

Heya,

if you have been reading the posts you would have noticed that I have posted a couple of 'Anyone getting these dumb-ass errors' questions... Had not much in the way of replys, but thats oki... I have come to the following conclusion, IT'S ME :)

I have recently reinstalled Xp Pro version, and all the software I normally do along with Nero (updated to 5.5.10.40), Sleazy CD-Creator 5, RecordNow Max 3.40 and as far as I know I have the latest drivers for my Pioneer A05 (but as far as i can tell everyone refers to it as the 105) with flashed 1.33 FW.

Now i have had numerous probs getting this bad boy to burn dvd's at the mo (I am now wondering if I have to rebuild my stupid machine and there maybe something wrong with an installation somewhere)

- Let me show you how I got to this conclusion and maybe someone can shed some light on my problem.

- I can't burn full dvd's with nero, sleazy cdcreator, win-on-cd. It does a test burn in Sleazy and gets to the end, reports and error of some kind and stops (good thing, atleast I don't waste a dvd-r), NERO starts a burn (after doing the test successfully) but then hangs after 2 min after only doing a 1% burn (which I can see is only the 'lead in'). Win-on-cd does the same.

- The only programme I got to work to burn an 4.3gig ISO is RecordNow Max, but now I want to back up one of my dvd's and have extracted the VOB's, compressed them with DVD2One and now want to use nero to burn it. Now as you can guess this isn't working and I can't get RecordNow Max to burn a dvdmovie.

Now what i need to know, has anyone come across anything like this? Does anyone rekon a total rebuild would sort this out, or am I doing something wrong - that one of you can show me the error of my ways.

MEDIA - almost forgot. Using the green bulkpaq 2x dvd-r's (not probs until last w/e now all coasters due to nero), and recently was at a computer fair and the dude there 'PROMISED' that these new datawrite reitk 4x's would work 'just fine :)'. They have a blood red lable on front if that helps anyone.

Any and all replys would be appreciated, at your soonest as I am going to loose it and build the bloody PC on sat.

please guys, if you all can dig deep and help out, mucho appreciato.

2. HeeHawBoz

HeeHawBoz Member

I'm sure I'm right in saying that Roxio EZCD and Nero are notoriously bad together, especially if you have the drag-to-disc type things installed. Have you tried only installing one of them (preferrably Nero)?

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i go with HeeHawBoz on the 2 proggys dont like each other! but dont quote me as i cant remember the thread i read?

and from what you say its a reload time! cos i think you will need some kind of registry extracter to get rid off rox even though you uninstall it! its still around! they may be a proggy for this i have heard something like that?

and on your 4x ritek they are a beast of a disc! good good rep on thoses!

sorry couldnt help further! let us know how it goes!

Thxxx

4. overseas

overseas Member

Shite :)

I was hoping I didn't have to rebuild, it's a bitch and it takes forever (that will teach me not to make a ghost image for rebuilding).

Well, with uninstall EZCD (have uninstaller 2003 - highly recommend it for anyone who wants to fully get rid of crap) and see if it works.

I thought it might be a reinstall job as before the rebuild all was dandy, after the rebuild all was crap.

Any tips on what to not install and how to make sure it all works. I normally just slap xp on, sp1, antivirus, vid card drivers, dx9, winzip,winrar,wince then the smaller progs...

I will def just give nero a go, no EZ (but found it worked so well with ISO's) and hopefully it helps.

Keep the nfo coming guys, go till tom night to save me from 'the dreaded MS rebuild'. Anon 10 min on the phone explaining to MS why i am installing my XP again within 2 months *grin* - dont they trust us

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would take some time on downloading all latest drivers! must format and do a clean install! and load MAJOR stuff first!

via drivers = usb,agp etc...
    sound
    vid card

then load all software also make sure you get antivirus on before you test the internet connection!

been there pulled emails in and WAMMY! bugbear virus whatever!

LETS START AGIAN RELOAD TIME!

thx..

6. overseas

overseas Member

thanks Rotary..

Will grab all the drivers I can now before I start the whole process.

One thing, has anyone else had this prob. U install nero, reboot and it doesn't pick up any of ur drives.. just thinking back that I had this problem after the build and wondering if this isn't something I did wrong?

And yea, also been bitten by

shiney new install + unchecked virus = wasted weekend

*grin*

what would everyone recomend? Nero and RecordNow Max, just nero, just EZ, Kill EZ and just stomp...? Just so I don't load one on top of the other and get this shit again.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

8. overseas

overseas Member

Thanks Rotary...

Well there goes the w/e plans. will just do a clean image and ghost the bugger before slappin on any programmes so I don't have to got thru this again.

Will see if anyone else comes up with anything otherwise will re-image over the w/e and update you monday... thanks alot dude.

9. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Dude, do you know the exact process on how to make a video DVD with Record Now Max and upon completing this very simple process it did not work.

OR

Did you fiddle with it trying to figure out what the hell was going on and gave up halfway through.

10. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would ghost that roxio in the BIN/TRASH!

i have just done a relod also! my heart goes out to you!

i have no prolems even halfway through wit raid mirror drivers!

but iots a pain in ass!

why i reloded was down to a proggy called

XPBOOT screen changer if nacked my boot.INI big style!

even restore point kept it in - sucked...

11. overseas

overseas Member

Tosca,

I don't really know what i am doing in RecordNow max. I tried a dvd-video but when I start importing the VOB's it tells me they are in the wrong format blah blah error msg error msg.

Also, with nero not working I don't really wnt my pc in it's current condition.. I can't go thru the amount of blanks (that don't work) that I'm doing at the mo..

But feel free to enlighten me on the use of RCM for DVDmovies so i know for after the rebuild - thanks mate

Rotary - Hehe.. i have had that.. new build, shiney, fast seeking bullet of a machine, one programme of the net 'to just see if it is what i want', cocks up ur system, not backtracking and its ReInstall City, Population - YOU :)

Got the 4.06 ASPI drivers and new drivers for Mobo, soundcard, nvidia and norton... Ghost here I come

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i dont use aspi layer 4.60 i use latest one 4.72 never had probs with it!

but i heard talk that your one is better but never needed to use it!

xp loads 4.60 or some software cdrw program loads 4.60?

good luck - dam xpboot proggy Grrrrrrr.......

13. Tosca

Tosca Guest

overseas,

To make a video DVD with record now max

make a data disc

add the VIDEO_TS folder where the dvd files are ripped.

Make sure multi session is on "New Volume"

Burn.

Where is Oriphus, need a link to your site dude....

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

correct me if i'm wrong here, but doesnt multisession leave the disc unfinalized so you can add more files at a later date?

Thx..

15. overseas

overseas Member

Right, thanks to all for the Nero help,

Cancelled all my plans for lastnight and did a fresh re-install and slapped all the necessary drivers, then hoped and prayed that nero would work.

Well, good to say, I have one perfect Datawrite DVD burnt and another on the way *proud father pose* :)

Thanks to all for the help, I am going to make a ghost image of my drive so i know it works when I need to re-install.

If you guys have the time and wnt to tell me how to do a dvd-movie in RNMax that would be cool.

And a big shout-out to Rotary for the help. Ta dude.

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

EXCELLANT DUDE!

take great care of that ghost image!

i use nero so cant comment on RNM ....

Thx...