1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You CAN burn GameCube Games, here's how

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by TheONE(1), May 15, 2004.

1. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

To everyone getting the Dolphin error, copy the ProDG installer to C:/Windows/System32 . Then make sure the name of that file is the same as the file mentioned in the second command in the NFO file. Then run the first of two commands. Then run the second. Should work fine, it did for me.

However, I don't see how these programs would let anyone "burn" a Gamecube ISO, not to mention the fact that the Gamecube would have to recognize the Mini DVD-R and boot up with it too. It's not documented anywhere that the program can do this and I don't see how to do it at all. It just seems impossible. But if anyone could prove me otherwise, I would be more than happy to listen as it would be awesome to burn Gamecube discs! :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  2. shruder

shruder Member

could u explain a little more please i dont realy understand.

3. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

To fix the Dolphin Error:

1. Extract the installer file from the .rar, .r01, and .r02 files using a program such as WinRar.

2. Copy the newly extracted ProDG installer file to this directory: C:\Windows\System32\

And make sure the name the installer file is: prodgforngcv37.exe

3. Run the first command found in the .NFO file using a DOS prompt. (Run " cmd " in 2000/XP or " dosprmpt " in Windows 98 or earlier).

4. Then run the second command and it should start installing.

5. Try to figure it out...I still haven't been able to work these programs at all.

4. NinjaServ

NinjaServ Member

Windows NT/2000/Xp - CMD
    Windows 9X/ME - Command
    Windows 3.1 or earlier , forget it lol

Basic Dos Commands:
    Xcopy (source file) (destination)
    cd (next sub directory to change to)
    cd .. = go up a directory
    dir = list all files in a directory
    use "dir /w" for a listing of alot of files to fit more per page , or "dir /p" to split them between pages.
    To run an exe file , just type the name , it dosnt matter if you include the extension or not.

Any more questions on dos commands ect , let me know , i used to program in it.

5. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

Thanks, NinjaServ, for posting a few commonly used commands. It might help a few people who are just starting to use DOS a bit. But still, if anyone has figured out how to use ProDG, give me a buzz. I can't even get the debugger to start up because I don't have it linked to a source to debug, and so I can't even learn the functionality of the program because I can't get past this error. Anyone willing to help me on this, your help is greatly appreciated. And I still think TheONE is completely wrong because the Gamecube uses a proprietary disc format only similar to mini DVD-Rs. Unless a mod chip were developed that made the GC recognize mini DVD-Rs...

6. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

Guide coming tommorow
    booting coming soon and im not the master mind
    www.hacke-mate.com
    www.crackeando_GC.de.ru<<< i think it doesnt owrk anymore i het my browser
    Maria =)
    Its not going to be amod chip jaja!!!!!!!!
    im just so exited finally

7. NinjaServ

NinjaServ Member

Dude , neither link works!!! lol care to try again with ones that do?

8. NinjaServ

NinjaServ Member

And about the debug error , if ihad the program id help ya solve it , but im not about to install any p2p software due to adware and the security risks it imposes on my servers network.

9. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

eMule contains no adware or spyware. If it did, it would be off of my computers in a heartbeat. I'm very particular about having no adware on my comps. The only security risks it poses are those from downloaded programs.

10. shruder

shruder Member

thnks for the help but i still have a lot to learn with computers. on the
    srry i dont understand what u mean by second command.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  11. NinjaServ

NinjaServ Member

Someone who has this NFO file , would you please post a excerpt from it? ill try to explain it for him if i can see exactly what it says....

12. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

The only reason I didn't post the commands used in the .NFO file is because I thought the forum might not like that. But posting plain text isn't piracy so here ya go:

First command mentioned in NFO file: set DOLPHIN_ROOT=C:\temp

Second command mentioned: ProDGforNGCv37.exe

If you need anything else from the NFO file or want me to post the whole thing even, although I would like to refrain from the latter if possible, just ask me and I'll be glad to help.

13. NinjaServ

NinjaServ Member

Well , that seams simple enough , dont know how i can really explain that any more than it already is.... just type exactly what you see , thats all i can say there....

14. shruder

shruder Member

oh i c now how you do it. i was looking at it a different way but oh well.

Thanks for the help u guys.

15. account

account Guest

i just read this whole thing and i really dont see what this program will do since you cant burn gc games and the gamecube laser cant read mini dvd discs thats like trying to burn a dvd with a cd writter it just wont work.

the gamecube doesnt use mini dvd r's. they use there own brand of disc since they didnt want to pay the extra fees to use dvd media because they would of had to raise the price of the gamecube when it was released. so theres no way to burn gamecube games until someone figures out how to make those discs then starts selling them or you get a gamecube laser that can read mini dvd r's wich there is no such thing yet.

i cant remember where i read that but it in an article somewhere if i remember the link i'll post it.

also i have been streaming with pheonix and i find nothing wrong with it. also i think theres a fix that allows the bba to read games at full speed but it cant be loaded just yet i think.

i'll post it on the net (it will only be on there for 7 days or 25 downloads wich ever comes first.) i'll upload it then post the link so you can look at it and see if you can do anything with it.

16. account

account Guest

17. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

ugh this is bad really bad
    ProDg v0.1 (proyect abandoned)
    alright Whats ProDG?
    PorDg its a program used by game designers to craete games and create their demo
    Ók just their demo theres no way nobody can actalluy play them
    if you want to open the ProDG download any cracking program that fix the bugs and cracks the program
    I used win32dasm or windasm
    Becarefull if you download the program check if it doesnt have any virus
    Well ProDg itsa pretty Puirpule windows that say Insert Dtabase Gd-info it also say how much space do i have on my PC and a MsDOS window that its used to insert codes it has 4 options on the right top (thats weird)
    Create, Image, Options and License
    you can burn a iso into a mini dvd without this program you dont need this shit damn
    and account is right a laser is being developed
    check it by yourself it will take the place of the original laser and it will read both original Gc games and copied mini dvd its hella expensive about 200-600 dollaras
    http://www.hackemate.com.ar/ its in spanish though
    im sorry everybody
    Maria

18. wcoolio

wcoolio Member

So can we order that laser yet?? Because I can't find it on that site.

19. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

you still cant and it was a notice clip posted 2 weeks ago

20. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

Yes I know that it would be impossible to burn Gamecube discs to be directly read by the cube. I tried to bring that point up in a few of my posts, but no one really responded to it until now. Because of the Gamecube / Panasonic proprietary format it would be impossible to be read "normal" types of media. However it would not be impossible to create a program that on the PC end, burns the games the way the gamecube reads them (outside -- inside) onto Mini DVD-Rs. If such a program existed, mod chips allowing Gamecubes to read from Mini DVD-Rs would surely soon follow. Just my two cents, Joe