1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You guys should RESPECT other peoples efford !

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by macsat, Feb 6, 2003.

1. macsat

macsat Member

...and at least telling me that you rip off direct downloads from my site, instead of just linking to DVD2SVCD as "primary download site" without asking NOR notifying me at all !

I must say that I am not impressed by this kind of behaviour by people that would like to claim that they run a "respectable" site !

When you generate traffic on my server, you should notify, or even offer me some kind of compensation !!

Machiavelli owner og www.macsat.com !!!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Umh, as the DVD2SVCD offers your site as the primary download site, we kinda assumed that it is the "official download URL" to use -- virtually all software vendors ask us to link the downloads to their primary download URLs instead of storing the files on our servers, due the fact that they want to keep track of delivered software download count.

But sure, I'll remove your URL from the download URL list and do apologize.

3. macsat

macsat Member

No....please do not remove it!

I didnt mean for you to remove it, I just want you to realize, that a site like yours generate a LOT of traffic, and you should know that traffic is definately not free theese days....that is the reason why I like to be notified when people make direct download links!

And DVD2SVCD dosnt have my site as "primary" site, it is just the fist to be updated the last couple of times, and hence the fist in his list of download sites....

...also...I was a bit aggrevated when I wrote the fist posting, for several reasons, one of which was extreme traffic that coursed me troubble....hence the aggressive tone in my post, I do apologize about that!
    Things has been sorted out now it seems though :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003