1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Opinion on a 60" Plasma (Vizio VM60P)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by 88Camaro, May 27, 2007.

1. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

Does anyone own a Vizio Plasma widescreen TV? I'm considering purchasing the 60" Vizio but haven't seen a lot of review for it...if anyone has any feedback or usful information it would be appreciated. From what I've seen, the LCDs only go up to 52" while the plasma goes up to 60 inches...

2. gibbo82

gibbo82 Member

I would not recommend buying a Visio plasma. I know the price is very appealing, but they are pretty low quality televisions. You would be much better off paying a little more and getting a good opening price point model from a reputable manufacturer.

If you absolutely must have a 60" plasma and are willing to sacrifice the quality of your display, then the Visio might be the right call. But again, I would stronly discourage anyone from buying one.

With that said, I hope you enjoy whatever you purchase.

3. 88Camaro

88Camaro Member

Thanks for your advice, I decided to buy a 58" Plasma Panasonic which seems to be better quality than the vizio...I haven't received it yet, but i think i'll be happy

4. Mozilfox

Mozilfox Member

You made an excelent choice. I have a Panasonic Plasma and I love it. Panasonic Plasma's are far above in quality than Vizio. Vizio = price advantage but somewhat lesser quality. Pansonic = High quality at a reasonable price.

5. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

6. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

I currently have a L32 Vizio tv and Ive been having problems with it since I purchased it last year. it turns off as if someone manually turned it off and sometimes would come back on with in seconds. sometimes it doesnt after a while but eventually does turn back on. It wasnt a heating issue cuz it would do this right after I turned it on for the first time of the day. When the PS3 came out I used the tv mostly for Gaming so I hardly used it, but it got worse over time. This is my second time sending it in and hopefully I get my refund. That TV was $896 when i bought it. Now with saying that, what would be a good HDTV to purchase? Im looking to get the biggest size for my money. I dont care about the manufacturer (which is why i got a bad tv in the first place) as long as it works. I dont want to spend more than $1000 for a tv just yet so any advice is good. I'll go over for the service protection plan. My only issue is My Vizeo displays at 1080i and I see most bigger, cheaper tv's show at 720p. would I be loosing if I get a bigger TV but with a douwngrade on video output?

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I trust you guys' opinions, so why does PC Magazine for 2 straight months have the Vizio 42" Plasma as there best HD TV? I can't figure that out at all. And now I don't trust any of their ratings on electronics. I got a Sammie 40" LCD.

8. Mozilfox

Mozilfox Member

I'm not sure why PC Magazine would give 42" Vizio Plazma a top rating unless they are not considering brand repair records in their ratings of them. Best price, sure but top rated? I have my doubts. Consumer Reports has listed Phillips, and Vizio as brands with more repairs than average. As newer models change so will the ratings of them. A good example of this is just two years ago LCD TV's were not rated as well as Plazma's. Recently, that has changed and now they are equal and some are better. Two years from now, when and if the newest type SED (surface-conduction electron-emitter display) TV flat panels ever get off the ground with Toshiba, it will give both Plasma and LCD a run for their dollars.