1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your thoughts on how brawl will affect modding

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by brucedlx, Jan 16, 2008.

1. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

The major titles for wii thus far (strikers, metroid, mario galaxy) have all caused some issues as far as modding goes.

With the japanese release of the game only about a week away, do you think that this will be the one that finally bricks the wii? I'm sure there are those die-hard enough to download it and try to play it, but all those "This update may render your console unplayable warnings" that Nintendo has given makes me think it was to warn us of something like this.

Do you think they are going to brick the system if you try and play a backup? Maybe ban you from online if they find out? Or do you think nothing will happen at all?

2. Dnestr

Dnestr Member

imo instead of useless speculating we should all just relax and find something else to do until the 31st.

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

agreed

go watch paint dry or grass grow

both are better uses of time than wondering what the future holds

if we keep putting these scare mongering stories out maybe nintendo will read one and think its a good idea and then we would be screwed royally

4. bustafree

bustafree Member

dude are you retarded or something you make no sense. smg meteroid and other titles have not caused no issue what so ever. i have d2c key and i have not encountered 1 single problem. sure people with d2b chips and older model chips have run into some technicall dificulties but those were quickly fixed with firmware updates.

anything nintendo thows at the modding indunstry will be countered. people said that d2c was unmoddable but look we have now 2 solid d2c modchips and clones that are coming out. as for games coming out with updates that will brick your wii. im not saying its not possible becuase it is but thats why modchips have stealth mode. and if a game does have one of those updates im pretty sure someone smart enough will find a way to overcome that obsticle.

5. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

ok, so then I'm assuming you guys don't mind being the first to try it eh? Then I'll be waiting once the JAP vers. is released for your reports on how it works on other regions OK?

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@bustafree
    Let's keep the personal insults off the forum.