1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your version of DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to them

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by scottmona, Jul 30, 2004.

1. scottmona

scottmona Member

I have an IBM ThinkPad with EZ CD Creator 5. If I write to a CD-RW on my Gateway PC, then put the disc in the ThinkPad, I get the following error: "Your version of DLA can read files on this disc but you will not be able to edit or add to them." Is this an issue with the media or the writer speed.? Thank you.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Direct CD, InCD, DLA, Instant-Write, Packet CD, Drag to Disc, FileCD, abCD,and a few more are all different writing method used for CD-RW by different software makers.

You made the CD-RW using Roxio so you have used Direct Cd -- Your IBM Think Pad has its own software and its called DLA --> so it is telling you that it can read what's on the CD-RW [bold]BUT you cannot add or change anything to it[/bold]. DLA cannot write or erase what Direct CD has already put on that CD-RW. It can read it cause it has the UDF reader incorporated.