1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube to DVD

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Digibop, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Digibop

Digibop Member

Hello Group,

Does anyone know of a program that can grab YouTube videos (.flv) and convert them directly to DVDs so I can watch them on a stand alone DVD player for TV viewing? I do know the resulting image would not be that good though.

There are a ton of programs that convert the YouTube files, but they are usually converted to AVI (XVID) or another format. I can convert them again with another program, but the more times you convert something the worse it will be.

Downloading the file in it's native .flv then converting it just one time to DVD works well, but takes time this way.

And does anyone know how to trim the beginning or end of these videos.

Thanks in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick is a good, freeware program that lists .flv as supported.
    It will optionally burn the DVD using ImgBurn (which is included as part of the package).

3. tanvisha

tanvisha Guest

I want to know how do I download a video from youtube first.

4. Vato

Vato Regular member

I myself use a plug in program on firefox to download the youtube video to my desktop as an .flv format and then drag and drop it into ConvertXDVD and you have the option of doing more things to it instead of just burning it to disk.

5. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

6. dodoegg1

dodoegg1 Regular member

RealPlayer SP is free, it puts a box above all videos you watch online (youtube included), you click download now and it will download the flv- quickly too

Then use ConvertXtoDVD. This converts flvs to dvd format and then burns them, so you don't have to mess around converting them to avi etc.

EDIT: (I didn't put those blue hyperlinks on the words like Realplayer so clicking them probably will send you to an ad site, just use google search)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  7. Shrift

Shrift Member

I ever fret by the same problem, however, I know a video downloading problem Video Download Suite later according to my best friend. This tool can download any videos what I want, it also can convert all videos into proper formats that I need, even the flv video file can be converted into any media files by this program. The page about how to extract YouTube videos shows the detailed tutorial, you may refer to it.

8. Digibop

Digibop Member

Hey All,

I finally found a YouTube to DVD converter.
    It first downloads the video then converts it to DVD all in 1 step.

I tried it and it works Great!
    And equally nice is that it's freeware.

Here is the link too DL it
    http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-DVD-Converter.htm

Give it a try.

Let me know if you tried it and if you got the same great results I did.