1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

youtube video help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by phore4444, Jun 27, 2007.

1. phore4444

phore4444 Member

hello

i used to be able to watch youtube videos on my computer. now it will play for 2 seconds and stop on all videos. i can move it to any other place on the time bar and it will play for 2 seconds and stop.
    i uninstalled and installed the newest version of flash player. i have also installed the latest version of java. javascript is enabled.

in my add and remove programs list it shows

java 2 runtime environment standard edition v1.3.1
    java 2 runtime environment standard edition v1.3.1_02
    java (tm) se runtime environment 6 update 1

how do i fix this.

thanx

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I had problems with online videos awhile back. I updated to the newest version of Quicktime, and all was well again. This may not correct your problem, but it shouldn't hurt to try it. Get it here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
    Notice there is one to download, without iTunes, if you prefer that.
    Good luck!

3. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Here are two things you may try:

First clear your cache by going to internet options and telling it to delete all cookies, files*, and history. *When you tell it to delete files a window will come up with a check box reading "Delete offline files" If you click yes in here it will take a bit longer, but does speed up your computer if your cache is backed up.

Secondly google search Tune-Up Utilities 2007 and download the 30 day trial. Tune-Up Utilites has tools for just about everything, but the feature you will want to use is whats known as One-Click Maintance - A short cut for it will appear on your desktop. Run the One-Click Maintance and you should see that it is looking through your registry, programs, registry structure and temporary files. It will then go about correcting all of the problems it found AND will clean your registry for you.

With both of those done, you should have a much more smoothly running machine and have no problems online. IF, however, you run into problems still, try using Tune-Up to defrag your registry and optimize your computer for internet navigation and downloads. (And if you finish and everything is working fine, why not use Tune-Up styler to theme out your PC. Its a really great program.)

4. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Quick Time tends to be hard to remove, so you may want to save that as a later option if you are not a fan of quick time. If you are a fan of quick time, go ahead and get it like JVC says. It may help, but since I am not familiar with the way quick time is scripted to run during its setup, I can't be sure.

5. phore4444

phore4444 Member

i did all of this
    the 1 click fixed 358 problems

i also downloaded quicktime and set it for everything.

movies on youtube will still only play for 2 seconds and stop.

i noticed that the movies on yahoo work fine.

thanks for the help so far
    please help more

6. JVC

JVC Active member

Check with You Tube's Help Center.
    It could be a known conflict with something.........