1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You've probs been asked this a million times..

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by diversify, Dec 28, 2007.

1. diversify

diversify Guest

but here goes.

Im currently in australia atm and ive got my hands on a PSP for cheap.
    I have a PSP back at home in the UK which i left behind.... I bought it off ebay with a number of games (ISOs & CSOs) When i want to play a game i just load it onto my memory stick and it comes up in the menu screen and with one click im playing it...

NOW...

Heres my problem.. With this PSP ive got. I want to get the same thing happening. I've got a firmware of 1.52.. Where do i go from there? Could anyone take some time to quickly run me through how i can get this psp the same as my one back home? ( I Have a lap top with loads of games but unable to play them)
    Your help would be much appricated.

thanks

2. N01NOob

N01NOob Regular member

Are you sure it's 1.52 not 1.50?? cause I've never heard of a 1.52 PSP....check your FW again and post back...
    :)

3. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

1.52 was the FW that UK psps were shipped with.

you will need to downgrade

i recommend upgradiung to 2.0 and using the mph downgrader OR get a pandoras battery / mstick combo and use that

you need to dg to 1.50 and then install custom fw (m33 by Dark_Alex is my recommendation).

4. diversify

diversify Guest

im sorry for being dumb... its 1.50

hehe

5. Feenix888

Feenix888 Regular member

6. diversify

diversify Guest

what are the chances of bricking the psp?

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

About 0%, if you did, it'd be seriously unlucky :/ But you could fix it anyway if you made a Pandora Battery (easy using your other PSP).

8. diversify

diversify Guest

How come i still have to have a UMD in for it to load off my memory stick? d

9. diversify

diversify Guest

another problem!!!

ive installed all the things i needed... i decieded to take it a step further and put one of them themes on..

I started up my psp and held the R Trigger.. i came to the menu and copied the files onto the memory..

Now it wont load..but i can still get onto the menu i get when turning it on and holding the R Trigger..

HELP MEEEEEEE

10. nixz

nixz Regular member

before copying the theme files over to the relevant folders, did you backup those folders? If you did, just copy the backups to the flash again and it should be working.

11. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yea, you REALLY should have made a backup of your flash0 before doing anything to it... if you didn't you'll have to recover back to 1.50 using a recover folder.

Also, in answer to your other question earlier - It needs a UMD in the drive to trick your PSP into thinking you're playing a legal game, same as the copy portection on a PC, try and run a game without the CD/DVD inserted and it'll tell you it can't run. Though, as with a PC, there are ways of getting round this; change your UMD mode to "Sony NP 9660" (using the recovery menu or VSH) and you then won't need a disk in the drive.

12. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

i have a PSP with firmware 2.01 and an unpatched copy of GTA. is the best way to play homebrew games upgrading to 2.50 then downgrade from there ?? and would i be able to play back up copy's of games from my memory stick ?? any help would be appreciated as i'm not too sure about the best way to go ahead