1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuden's

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by synapse, Jan 20, 2005.

1. synapse

synapse Member

Hey, i am looking to buy some taiyo yudens because imo, they are the best media out there to buy. I have gone through 50 dvd-r's in 13 days. However, i need to buy more now, and the cheaper of the 2 are the dvd+r's becausae they are on sale. Are these as good as the -r's, i am really worried aobut compatibility. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, i live in the vancouver area, more specifically burnaby (British Columbia) and i was wondering if anyone knows of any good retailers for buying these. I, so far, buy off NCIX; however, it is costing me $50 for a 50 pack and i want a better price. I am not sure aobut buying online due to quality and stuff. Any help is appreciated.

2. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I have been trying to buy TY retail. I cant find them. I am in Toronto and also pay $50 for a 50 pack of inkjet printables from www.blankmedia.ca. I prefer inkjet printables to non-printable media. So I think they cost more.

They have good prices on non-printable regular DVD media. So check them out.

I do not know if the inkjet printables come any cheaper. If anyone knows about a cheaper place in Canada, please post it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  3. billwebso

billwebso Guest

meritline.com and rima.com will ship TY to Canada. They are about $50.00 per 100. I have no idea what the shipping would be though. I am in the US and have used rima.com in the past and have been pleased.

4. Paladore

Paladore Member

rimi has REDICULOUS shipping charges to Canada. blankmedia.ca is pretty much the best prices we can get. I don't mind spending $1.15 a disk roughly when it comes to TY printables.

5. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I have to agree. With the exchange rate, shipping and handling and duties and taxes...its not worth it to order from outside of Canada. I do hope blankdmedia.ca prices drop as they become more well known.

6. mrman

mrman Regular member

yea im in toronto too and blankmedia is definantly the best prices here. Didnt you guys notice the good deal they have on the yuden regular silver lacquer 100pack???? Its only 69.95 for 100pack of 4x dvd-r yudens. definantly a great deal... says its only for a limited time though so better buy quick if your going to. hope this helps :)

7. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I notied they deal too. But I use inkjet printables for my backups. And for general projects I am stocked up on Maxell which was onsale at FutureShop 100 pack sindle for $50 2 wks ago. If i didnt have them I would have gotten the TY's for this price since its a great deal.

8. ozzie5518

ozzie5518 Member

I buy fujifilm dvd+r 8x at bestbuy.com 100 ea for
    39.99$us These are made by taiyo yuden and burn great.

9. synapse

synapse Member

Are the fujifilm dvd-r's as good as the dvd-r cuz i will definately buy those since that is an amazing price or else i will have to buy my 50 pack of dvd+r's for 50 at ncix.com. I don't want to order online so bestbuy would be a good choice, same with future shop but i don't see a good deal like that anymore :S Thanx everyone

10. synapse

synapse Member

I just bought a 100pack of 8x dvd-r taiyo yuden's for 80.99 on blankmedia.ca. I was wondering how good of quality this site is, i'm not really worrying because they're yudens, the best there is. However,it's just a thought.

Pejo

11. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

My personal experience is blankmedia.ca is good. I have made 4 purchases all arrived quickly and in good order and was genuine TY discs. I did send back the Ritek RiData since my burner does not seem to like them and got my refund very quickly. I use inkjet printables which are more expensive. But I will continue to shop there. Now if the inkjet printable TY's could come down in price!

12. synapse

synapse Member

Hmmm i am still a nooby with media, but i still find this wierd. These dvd-r's both have the same media code manufacteur and the same id, except one is supposebly on 4x.

4x - https://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=421

and another thing, this one say Current Drive Speed: 0 .... wtf hah

8x - https://www.blankmedia.ca/proddetail3.asp?id=303

no difference except for the current drive speed.

any ideas? are these the same dvd-r's and i am getting a good deal, or r they different and i'm still getting a good deal :)

13. synapse

synapse Member

Hmmm i am still a nooby with media, but i still find this wierd. These dvd-r's both have the same media code manufacteur and the same id, except one is supposebly on 4x.

any ideas? are these the same dvd-r's and i am getting a good deal, or r they different and i'm still getting a good deal :)

14. synapse

synapse Member

15. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Can you tell me if the prices on blankmedia's site are in CDN Dollars or USD?

16. synapse

synapse Member

They are in canadian prices; however, there is a converter on it for american prices