1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZONE DVD LOCKED

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by KATENAFLY, Mar 18, 2007.

1. KATENAFLY

KATENAFLY Member

My computer runs on XP but I cannot watch any videos anylonger (except for zone 6) or use any of my programs NERO, Ripp-it, DVD shrink....
    Who knows How can I unlock it ?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Sounds like the optical drive is set to Region 6. What Region do you live in? For bypassing Region codes and other copy protection there's DVD Region + CSS Free from DVDIdle and AnyDVD from Slysoft. When you insert a DVD from other than the Region set a dialogue box opens for resetting the region. If you've used all the user changes, it will have to be set by the vendor or sent back to the manufacturer to change the Region code. Region Free and AnyDVD are used for playing and recording DVDs from outside your region. You shouldn't set the region for anything other than the region you live in. DVD Shrink should change the region code settings for doing a backup. Likewise DVD Decrypter from the RipIt4Me setup should also be able to change region codes during the rip process.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

What does this have to do with shrink?

Maybe u will get more help in this thread and Forum
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/483300

will ask this one be closed

edit
    well i guess i'll ask the other one to be closed since u got a reply in this one.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Bowler
    It actually applies if you notice my previous post. It deals with optical drive settings which relates to decryption. If not set right it effects reading DVDs for doing a backup. But shrink itself should handle different region DVDs. That doesn't help playing the original though.

I didn't realize we were dealing with a multiple poster.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

KATENAFLY
    If you're from Region 6 (Mainland China) you have a good command of the English language. If not, how did you manage getting your drive set to Region 6. Put in a DVD from your home region and reset it, then use one of the software programs I suggested for DVDs from outside your home region. As I mentioned, if out of user changes the drive will have to be changed by the vendor.