1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zoostorm PC 4gb GT730 and 500W PSU Upgrade

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ukguy5k, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

I have bought AFOX 4gb GT730 graphics card and Ace 500w PSU. Will I be able to install these to a Zoostorm Tempest PC Which has windows 10 pro 64bit, amd a10, 8gb ddr3 ram, radeon R7 1gb integrated graphics, 2tb hard drive, gigabit Ethernet.

There is a spare x16 pci express slot.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

[​IMG]

inside pc pic.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I can't really tell much from your photo, but if you have an available PCI Express 2.0 slot then the card should be a no brainer. So you should be able to use both. Since you already seem to have everything, why haven't you tried to install them yet?

4. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

Hi,

I managed to install the 4gb graphics card and 500w psu myself. They installed fine. Thanks.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Great, and it gets easier with each turn!

6. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

Hi, I now want to install a SSD Drive. Apart from the SSD, is there anything else I will need?

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

That depends on if you're looking to install it as your main drive. If that's true then you will either need to clone the current main drive to your SSD (which is preferable) or do a clean install on the SSD drive, and then copy the files you want to keep from the original drive, and to do that you need to make certain you boot from the SSD drive. There are a number of tools you can use to clone drives.

https://www.easeus.com/backup-utility/free-windows-10-hdd-clone-software.html

8. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

would I need any other hardware?

here are pics of inside the pc:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

would I need a 2.5" to 3.5" adaptor? sata cable? anything else?

10. ukguy5k

ukguy5k Newbie

Also I have a wifi hardware installed to my motherboard and I don't use the wifi. Can I replace it with a PCI-E SSD? such as the Samsung EVO 860 250gb mSata pci-e?

Or can you see under my graphics card theres a spare port, if a PCI-E SSD would install into it?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's hard to see what's going on in your images but I did see that your board has HDMI and USB support and SATA support preceded one or both of those so you can use the latest drives without concern. I can't tell what size your drive bays are so I don't know if you can mount a 2.5" SSD, but that shouln't stop you from proceeding until you either acquire an adapter or make one yourself (not that hard). all you need to make one is either some plastic you can mount then bend and mount to the drive on both sides. I think I made one for a friend out of large yogurt container. If you're really fussy then order a mount. You can get them in both 3.5" and 5.25" size so just go with the one that's the most convenient or has the most bays.

Here's one that will mount to 5.25 bay.

https://www.amazon.com/ORICO-Alumin...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B005OJFASY

Here's one for a 3.5 bay.

https://www.amazon.com/Pasow-Holder...-spons&keywords=solid+state+disk+mounts&psc=1

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You can put a hard drive anywhere it will fit within range of a power source and SATA cable connect.