1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZuneHD Hack, Jailbreak, custom Apps, and C# apps

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by mooson, Jan 6, 2010.

1. mooson

mooson Member

Dont flag for over post. This is posted twice. I accidently posted in wrong section and an admin/mod nicely told me and i hope he deletes it for me....

Ok so i had an itouch...well 2. and im using zuneHD now. it is awsume exept no one has sucefully hacked it or if they have they havent made the hack known to the public like the apple jailbreak.

The jail break on the itouch is an easy concept. You take the firware and rewrite it w/o all the gay restrictions appls puts on there. To get ahold of this firmware is easy and its not way to hard to rewrite(make custom firmware)

Now i figure i can appl the same concept to the zuneHD. and maybe even flash apple software on to it. But i need some help considering its my first zune and i have had it like 24 hours now.

Two things i need to know to start me off. Were can i get this firmware? were in my PC or on the internet? if you google itouch firmware there are a million places to download and you have it on your computer not in like two sub folders under itunes music so its not hard to find. i need the firmware file for the zune.

Also i need to know how to put in recovery/dmfu mode.
    w/ the ipod u like hold the "hold" and "home buttons down for ten seconds and then release the hold button or something like that. again for itouch i could easily google it but since im gonna be one of the first to try and hack it i need to know if anyone stumbled upon a way to do it?

Another thing read this forum and see if you have an answer to my other question about c#(reply on here.): *removed*

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I've got rid of the duplicate thread; have also removed the link from your post as the way it works here is that you get help here if you want help here.