1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ac3filter and dvds - windows media center 7

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by 1smith, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 1smith

1smith Member

I feel like I've been looking for the answer for this forever, finally deciding to just post. I'm an avid media centerite but I'm just now starting to catalog my dvd's onto hdd's, since they are so cheap now. My setup in the bedroom, I just run 2 channel out. I would love to watch my ripped dvd's there at night, but I cannot get my ac3filter to work in conjunction with them. The result is the typical loud noises and soft vocals.

I'm using HDMI out from an ATI HD4350 to my tv. Brand new Win 7 install. Ac3filter, CoreAVC codec for mkv's (along with the haali splitter that came with it), currently no dvd software installed though I've tried PowerDVD. I have ac3filter checked as the preferred decoder on the System tab, along with all the output options (AC3, PCM, DVD, etc). Show tray icon is also checked.

AC3filter works perfectly with my mkv's that I've ripped from my blu-ray discs, but I cannot get it to work with my ripped DVDs. There appears to be some Windows decoder that is overriding the AC3filter, but not sure how to take care of it. I've reinstalled a couple times but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

2. 1smith

1smith Member

Nothing?